- Sustainable Business Executive
Sustainable Business Executive
Enabling sustainable maritime development is at the core of Gard’s aspirations towards 2025 and beyond. We have set clear expectations to ourselves by acknowledging that sustainability is central to our business and we continuously work to ensure that those expectations are met throughout our value chain.
We want to improve our own operations and be a driving force within our industry, as well as helping Members and clients make the most of opportunities offered by the blue economy. To meet our ambitions, we are now looking for a Sustainable Business Executive to strengthen Gard’s Sustainability team.
Ideally, the role would be based in Arendal, but we will also consider basing it in Oslo should a particularly well-qualified candidate be available. Travel to Arendal on a regular basis is, however, expected.
As a Sustainability Business Executive, you will work closely with the Vice President for Sustainable Business in developing Gard’s sustainability agenda to ensure a positive impact for our business and stakeholder relations. You will get an opportunity to stay up to date on emerging topics to continuously develop yourself as a sustainability professional.
Further development of Gard's global sustainability reporting process is key in this position and your primary responsibilities will be:
- Monitor reporting standards and best practice including the International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC), Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) to ensure that Gard continues to report and disclose information consistent with best practice.
- Project-coordinate Gard’s annual sustainability disclosures. These include an annual sustainability summary, contributions to the Annual Report, case studies and reporting on Gard's Action Plan for Sustainable Business.
- Improve Gard’s measurement framework, including KPIs, to establish accountability and measure the performance of our sustainability actions.
- Provide support and challenge Gard’s business functions in their efforts to carefully manage impacts on environmental, social and governance (ESG) related issues
The successful candidate should be solution-oriented, collaborative with strong project coordination capabilities and excellent attention to detail and have the following skills and capabilities:
Be knowledgeable and up to date on sustainability/ESG-issues, preferably within the maritime or financial services sectors.
Competence within the environmental aspects of sustainability.
Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Norwegian.
Previous experience with preparation of sustainability reports, within a company and/or as a consultant, will be an advantage.
For more than 100 years Gard, one of the world’s leading marine insurers, has been helping the marine industries to protect their assets and safeguard their income. Having expanded from our origins in southern Norway to a network of 13 offices across the globe, we have witnessed the impact the sea can have and have learnt a thing or two.
Despite our breadth and depth of experience and expertise, we try to learn something new every day to prepare our Members and clients for their next journey, and to find and deliver the right solutions. So, whenever the unexpected arises it is good to know that someone is ready, willing and able to assist; someone with expertise that has been refined for over a century.
It is not just what we do, but how we do it that delivers the best value in the market – matching our expertise with an unrivalled commitment to what we do. We will turn every stone to find a solution and see it carried through.
Such ability and dedication is rare, so we take great care in choosing, training and supporting our employees. The way we see it, our people are the difference between good and great.”
Samfunnsansvar, ESG, bærekraftsrapportering, klima og miljø, klimaregnskap
|Sist endret||12. jun. 2020 03:51|