PROJECT ENGINEER / FIELD APPLICATION ENGINEER (FAE)- located at the Recab office in Hamar, Norway.
- PROJECT ENGINEER / FIELD APPLICATION ENGINEER
Recab is looking for a Project Engineer / Field Application Engineer (FAE) located at our office in Hamar, Norway.
As a Project Engineer / FAE you need to be adept in your technical knowledge as well as your business skills. Your main responsibility and focus will be on the development of innovative embedded Computer systems in a collaborative cross functional team. You will be working closely with our Nordic and UK Engineering teams in benchmarking / debugging, test, setup and support of IPC- and embedded solutions, as well as being responsible for pre- and post-sales support activities. You will have to understand at depth our developments and product features, tools and design flows and facilitate adoption of these solutions with a variety of customer systems. Your task is to remove technical barriers to a sale and help close business. We expect you to be self-driven and to have a passion for quality in your profession. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills is mandatory.
- stay on top of the technology and business to be an expert in your profession
- consult the clients through the process of design, testing and building on re-engineering and new product development projects
- interact closely with the leading technology vendors to understand the new technologies/architectures being rolled out
- proactively come up with Proof-Of-Concept (POC) designs for various use-cases/real-time applications leveraging the latest tools and technologies available
- drive the pre- and post-sales activities
- BSc or MSc graduate from streams of Engineering such as Electronics and Communication (ECE), Electrical and Electronics (EEE), Computer Science / Informatics, Embedded Systems or Cybernetics.
- Strong competence within Electronics, PC HW/BIOS/FW, Networks, Mechatronics, EMC/EMI, Cyber Security, Windows/Linus/RTOS etc.
- Strong experience (5-10 years) from HW and SW design and development in a structured and QMS driven environment. Experience from Project Management and Project Documentation is an advantage.
- Business and Sales - must understand the nuances that drive the sales and procurement decisions.
- Market and competition - have a proactive drive to understand the latest products, boards & tools available in the market, and the ability to leverage the market intelligence while consulting clients on their product designs.
- Communications skills – Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills along with the willingness to travel. English is the company language, and it's a requirement to master a Scandinavian language as well.
- Team working skills – working as part of the engineering team, as well as interaction with the sales team, suppliers and customers, is a key part of the role.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
As Project Engineer / Field Application Engineer you will work with both internal stakeholders and external partners/customers on leading edge technology. You will face small and large, demanding and exciting projects and customers. We have a large international partner network; We work with the engineers of our partners in Taiwan, Europe and the United States. In a small company, you will be involved in projects from A to Z and will develop in several disciplines and establish relationships with HW / SW developers and product managers around the world. You become part of an offensive RECAB team in a sales-oriented organization with a flat structure and open sharing culture. You will have an independent position, with a high degree of influence over own workday.
Recab is a Nordic IT company with headquarters in Stockholm. We are part of the Addtech Group, a listed technology group with over 2900 employees in 130 companies and with more than NOK 10 billion in turnover. Recab develops innovative embedded computer systems, industrial communication, machine vision & sensors for demanding applications. Our main markets are defense & avionics, maritime/offshore, energy, transportation, communications, industrial automation, and science. We have world leading customers, and world class quality is mandatory for what we do. We are ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015 certified, and we seek innovation, and systematic quality improvements.
Our vision is 'Enabling World Class Applications'!
Recab Norway is located at Hamar, the inland capital, which has all the social functions, a wide range of education for children and youth and a rich cultural and outdoor life. Mjøsa - Norway's largest lake - is literally just outside the door, and the neighbouring municipality Stange is 'The Tuscany of the North' with a beautiful cultural landscape and rural cosiness. The winter's adventure for cross country skiing in Vangsåsen/Hedmarksvidda is one of the best in Norway.
Hamar has low house prices, no car queues and is perfect for families with small children. A well-developed 'partner network' can help your partner find a job, if needed.
- Midtstranda 51, 2321 Hamar
- IT - maskinvare
- Ingeniør / Elektroingeniør,
Proskjektleder, Hardware Engineering, FAE, Maskinvarekunnskap, PC Technology, Elektronikkutvikling, Elektronikkonstruksjon, Elektronikkingeniør, Applikasjonsingeniør
|Sist endret||7. jun. 2020 21:05|