Embedded Developer for robotic controls, cameras and sensors
- Embedded Developer
Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology for individualized aquaculture? At BioSort we are riding the wave of embedded solutions currently being developed for AI and computer vision based autonomous machines.
We seek talents to build iFarm, a system that utilizes computer vision, deep learning, and biometrics to create health records for fish. Each fish is analyzed for possible disease symptoms and those who need treatment are sorted out. The result is increased fish welfare and sustainability while lowering the production cost in fish farming.
BioSort’s vision to move from group-based farming and operations to individualized care and treatment has been widely adopted in the salmon farming industry. The project is supported by Development Licenses awarded by the Directorate of Fisheries, with funding secured for 5 years. So far we have done a lot of concept work and will now start developing the actual technology from scratch. Do you want to be part of a multidisciplinary team and the journey to build a groundbreaking product? Join us as an embedded developer!
We know that BioSort's success depends entirely on the knowledge and capabilities of our employees and put great effort in gathering an outstanding team. Our open company culture is characterized by initiative and involvement, giving you great creative freedom. It has been a top priority to invest in facilities with inspiring working conditions and lab capabilities - including an electronics lab, a mechanical lab, and a ‘wet lab’ with a pool for testing equipment under water. We will develop iFarm over several iterations (prototype generations), where the first prototype will be put into the sea autumn 2020. Get in touch to learn more!
What you will be doing as an embedded developer at BioSort
- Develop and implement support software and hardware for the key components for the iFarm unit, from requirements engineering to architecture decisions, and implementation
- Develop hardware and implement control logic and loop mechanisms for the robotic sorting system and integrate this into the embedded AI edge system
- Design, develop and integrate solutions for our sensors, illumination and robotic sorting system
- Develop and maintain real-time instrumentation systems from requirements engineering, design, development, testing, integration, and maintenance.
- Work closely with our multidisciplinary team to support the design and development of the latest hardware systems and find the best solutions.
Your Preferred Profile
You love your work and you have a passion for developing software for the latest hardware systems. You enjoy working in small teams where you make an impact!
- MSc in Cybernetics, Electrical Engineering, Control Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- 3+ years’ experience
- Solid experience with C/C++
- Experience with Control Systems
- Experience with instrumentation
- Embedded Linux (E.g. Yocto, L4T)
- Programming microcontrollers & Firmware & ICs
- Experience with real-time systems
- Over-the-Air software updates
“Nice to have” experience
- Experience in PCB Design, ideally for ESC for electric motors and/or LED drivers
- Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Unit testing and continuous integration
We can offer
- Exciting technology development in a team of passionate, highly skilled colleagues
- Job security in a start-up environment
- Excellent benefits and a fantastic work environment
- Choose your individual tools, computer of your choice etc.
- Nice offices and lab facilities at Fornebu, by the water
You can read more about BioSort here: www.biosort.no
If you have any questions regarding the position, feel free to contact:
Talent Acquisition Consultant
+47 950 94 243
- Martin Linges vei 25, 1364 Fornebu
- Fiskeri og oppdrett,
- IT - maskinvare
- IT utvikling / AI / Maskinlæring
|Sist endret||19. jun. 2020 21:48|