Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Kongsberg Satellite Services AS
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
KSAT is searching for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to be responsible for setting the technological vision, developing related strategies and implementing relevant technologies that will give KSAT a competitive edge and a high-degree of customer service. The CTO will understand future emerging technologies, and how these developments will influence key business decisions in the space industry, thus moving KSAT into the most successful position.
He/she will ensure technology implementation is closely aligned with product strategy, ensuring that new solutions are developed and released on appropriate and managed timelines. The CTO will have a strong executive-oriented mindset, providing organizational purpose and direction.
The CTO will lead the KSAT multi-disciplinary teams focusing on software development for our space communications products and services, including deployment and operations at an application and infrastructure level. He/she will proactively advance and evolve the development processes.
The ideal candidate has previously been responsible for leading development teams of software products and services with experience in both strategic leadership and technical/operational levels of management. The candidate is expected to be experienced in modern software development best practices, DevOps toolkits, Continuous Integration and maintenance of operational systems, and be familiar with the following technology areas:
- Cloud technology and virtualization
- Microservice architecture
- API development
- Analysis and feature extraction from satellite data
- Machine/deep learning for classification and analysis
- GIS and spatial systems integration
- Satellite to ground communication
- Understand customer requirements and space market trends, envisioning the future and setting key strategic priorities
- Lead the KSAT technology development process and actively build a culture that ensures innovation, high quality, and efficiency by deploying modern technology, best practices and frameworks
- Ensure a high operational level of deployed products and services
- Support the KSAT business goals by identifying and prioritizing software development initiatives and setting timetables for product deliverables
- Provide strong inspiration, leadership, and management to KSAT development teams, including responsibilities for hiring, management, resource allocation, and budgeting
- Establish necessary cooperation with customers, technology partners, and relevant research sectors aligned with the KSAT technology strategy
- Oversee technological resources and ensure these are aligned to current and future needs
- Grow the teams’ competencies and foster an environment of innovation, high productivity and high-quality awareness
Applicants must be eligible for Norwegian security clearance. Work loctaion will be Tromsø.
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
KSAT er verdens ledende kommersielle satellittsenter med base i Tromsø. KSAT utvikler og leverer data, informasjon og tjenester basert på satellitter, og vi har kunder over hele verden. Vi er totalt 215 ansatte lokalisert i Tromsø, Svalbard, Stockholm og Oslo. KSAT har stasjoner og antenner over hele verden, fra Tromsø og Svalbard i nord, via Panama, Singapore og Sør-Afrika, til Troll-stasjonen i Antarktis lengst sør. Antall kunder og bakkestasjoner vokser stadig, og denne sterke veksten gjør at vi nå trenger nye medarbeidere.
CTO, Chief, Technology, officer, KSAT
Spørsmål om stillingen
Prestvannvegen 38, 9012 Tromsø
|Sist endret||1. mai 2020 00:12|