Financial Analyst - Recycling
- Norsk Hydro ASA
- Financial Analyst - Recycling
The Primary Metal (PM) business area has around 5 000 employees in 16 countries and produce casthouse products (extrusion ingots, sheet ingots, foundry alloys and wire rod) to customers all over the world.
The business unit (BU) Recycling is running Primary Metal’s recycling activities covering seven recycling casthouses in six countries and a scrap processing plant, procuring scrap raw material and developing a recycling growth portfolio. Our new green product CIRCAL 75R, based on recycling of at least 75% post-consumer scrap, is produced by the BU.
Would you like to make an impact on our recycling business in the years to come?
Recycling is a growth area across Hydro’s Business Areas and a key component in Hydro’s strategy to drive sustainability. To enforce Hydro’s recycling growth agenda, the BU was newly given the task to act as Hydro’s Recycling Center of Excellence (CoE). We therefor need to strengthen the organization within business development and strategy and are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our team. The position will interact extensively with management in Recycling globally and have exposure towards the Business Areas Primary Metal, Extruded Solutions and Rolled Products as well as Corporate.
Area of Responsibility
We seek a Financial Analyst that will be part of the newly established Recycling Center of Excellence (CoE) and essential to drive Hydro’s recycling growth agenda. As the aluminium industry is trending towards a circular low-carbon economy, you will be responsible for analysis to define our strategic direction, identify business opportunities as well as participating in teams to pursue those opportunities. Among specific areas of responsibility:
- Annually and on ad-hoc basis perform analysis to define strategic direction for Hydro’s recycling business
- Annually, in dialogue with various plant management, perform analysis of Hydro’s current recycling asset portfolio across Business Areas and suggest adjustments
- Perform benchmarking analysis of Hydro’s recycling assets based on common performance indicators
- Perform profitability analysis of investment proposals within PM Recycling as well as other BAs
- Identify potential acquisition targets, perform valuation analysis and participate in teams to pursue acquisition opportunities
- Master’s degree in Economics, Science or Finance
- 3-5 years of relevant experience (market/industry analysis, strategy, business development)
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities
- Ability to translate analysis into strategic implications
- Advanced in Microsoft Office package, primarily Excel and Power Point
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent English proficiency
As a person, we believe you successfully combine an analytical and structured approach with a strategic mindset. You are diligent and accurate, but still with the ability to focus on the essentials and driven by a business acumen. You need to be self-going and independent, and also a good team player thriving in a cross-cultural environment interacting with people.
You will report to Head of Business Development & Strategy. The position will require some international traveling.
Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Apply before: 13.04.2020
If you have any questions, please contact:
Phone: (Norway +47) 918 06 163
Phone (Norway +47) 970 31 556
Do you want to shape our story with your personality, expertise and ambitions? At Hydro we are a global family of 35 000 people that extract, produce, shape and reuse the world’s most flexible and sustainable metal into infinite innovations and applications.
- 0283 Oslo
- Metaller og mineraler
|Sist endret||7. apr. 2020 09:53|