- Vimond Media Solutions
- DevOps Engineer
Bringing content to life!
Vimond offers a cloud based platform for video content management and delivery, used by broadcasters, distributors and content owners around the world to efficiently manage their online OTT and live video services. In addition we have Vimond IO, a revolutionary cloud based, frame-accurate and high quality video storytelling application running in your own browser.
We are part of the Norwegian Media Cluster and our headquarters are located in beautiful Bergen, Norway, with branch offices in New York and Sydney.
As we are moving towards a model where our development teams are more stream-aligned, we need to staff up to build a solid infrastructure team. We are looking for a DevOps/infrastructure engineer or DevOps-minded developer for our infrastructure team.
Therefore if you recite religiously the 12 factors before going to bed, if you rely on facts (e.g: the state of DevOps report) before taking decision rather than using your gut feeling, if you continuously learns from the top players (Netflix, Google, ...) and strike to reduce the gap between them and us, then you will be a perfect fit for the team.
You value information feedback from our live production systems so we can rapidly improve our software and develop a heightened responsiveness to customers and users.
The ideal candidate should
- Be self-teaching, self-reliant and independent
- Be engaged, care about the product and your colleagues
- Have empathy for the developer experience
- Keep in mind that anything can go wrong at any time and prepare for the worst
- Have the "shift left on security" spirit ( As they say in Microsoft: "If you have the choice between working on a new feature and improve security, improve security!")
- Full stack ownership (You should be able to troubleshoot from the first call to our DNS server to our backend system)
- Take initiative
- Good at experimenting with new stuff
- Be a good teammate!
- You should be familiar with Linux/Unix systems
- Have experience with containers and Kubernetes
- Proficient in at least one programming language (The team uses Go, the rest of the organization Java, Node and .NET)
- Good familiarity with the AWS portfolio (You eat the AWS news blog for breakfast)
- Experience with one Infrastructure as code tool. Terraform or Ansible would be preferred
What you will do
- Help building a platform that scale for tomorrow's needs
- Ensure that our infrastructure is reliable, resilient and self-healing
- Automate all manual toil
- Set up the tooling needed for running disaster recovery
- Be involved in keeping our platform locked and secured
- Build tools to support developers productivity
- Ensure we enforce best practices
- Improve our CI/CD pipeline to make change promotion so safe and easy that an 8 years old could do it
- Keep an eye on everything that could help us to be more cost-effective and maximize our resource utilization
- Make sure that we have a solid observability
What we offer
- A diverse and inclusive work environment that values soft skills as much as hard skills
- A place in an international company with great minds to match your own
- The opportunity to participate in creating and shaping tomorrow’s streaming service experiences together with our customers
Vimond will give you all the professional development you’re wishing for, lots of work - and exciting challenges!
More about the position
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume together with a cover letter, using the provided link.
For questions, please contact Helge Grimen, VP Global Operations, or Carina Ottesen, Head of HR.
Deadline: May 24, 2020.
Vimond is a leading streaming technology company that delivers technology, services and knowledge to some of the most innovative online video services in the world. Our customers are media companies and broadcasters in Europe, Middle-East, Asia and the U.S. Our headquarters are in the beautiful city of Bergen, Norway with satellite offices and companies in New York and Sydney. Vimond is wholly owned by the Norwegian broadcaster TV 2.
We are carefully handpicking the sharpest talents and today we have more than 70 Vimonders of 20 nationalities worldwide. We are passionate about entertainment, technology, and our team spirit. This is what makes Vimond different.
During the summer of 2020 we will be moving to our new office in Agnes Mowinckelsgate 6.
media, Developer, IT, DevOps, Operations
Spørsmål om stillingen
Nøstegaten 78, 5011 Bergen
|Sist endret||25. mai 2020 00:00|