Machine Learning Scientist
- NILU – Norsk institutt for luftforkning
- Machine Learning Scientist
There is an open position as a Machine Learning Scientist at NILU - Norwegian Institute for Air Research. The position is permanent and is affiliated to the Department for Software and Hardware Development.
In order to further strengthen our group working with ML topics, we are seeking a Machine Learning Scientist that can represent and drive NILUs ML technology for environmental modelling and decision making. You will get a central role and the opportunity to steer NILUs ML strategy.
We seek a scientist that are able to investigate, identify and implement novel research ideas within environmental science as well as be involved in algorithmic development challenges. The position requires that you have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to explain technical concepts and analysis clearly to a wide audience.
- Ph.D. and research experience in machine learning or related field
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, as well as first-authored publications in journals or conferences
- Expertise in machine learning techniques and deep learning libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc)
- Fluent in Python or R
Experience in one or more of the following is an advantage:
- Spatial-temporal dataset
- ML model deployment
- Large-scale data processing and storage frameworks (e.g. Apache Spark)
- Distributed deep learning infrastructures
The position is permanent and is located at our main office at Kjeller, just outside Oslo. We have extensive collaboration with national and international research institutes and universities. Travel activities are to be expected as part of the work. NILU offers competitive benefits as group life-/accident insurances and pension.
Further details about NILU can be found at www.nilu.no
Informal enquiries about the position can be directed to Development Director Rune Ødegård.
Application, CV, scanned colour copies of certificates, degrees and recommendation letters should be sent as one complete pdf file through www.finn.no,
We perform background check in our recruiting process.
NILU – Norwegian Institute for Air Research (170 employees) aims to increase the understanding of processes and effects of climate change, of the composition of the atmosphere, of air quality and of hazardous substances. The institute holds a strong position both on the national and international level within its core fields of research.
- Instituttveien 18, 2007 Kjeller
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap
- IT utvikling / AI / Maskinlæring
Machine learning, AI, Modelling, Deep learning
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Rune Ødegård
- Development Director
Instituttveien 18, 2007 Kjeller
|Sist endret||13. feb 2020 10:47|