VSAT Platform Engineers
- VSAT Platform Engineers
The VSAT Platforms & Network team consists of 19 senior Engineers located at Eik Teleport and Lysaker. The team is responsible for design, implementation and operation of Marlink's global Maritime satellite and terrestrial platforms and associated services.
The VSAT platform team is a part of VSAT platforms & Networks and consists of 5 senior engineers whose main task is to further develop and maintain the VSAT satellite platforms
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Design, testing and deployment of new VSAT platforms and customer solutions
- Network and system administration. Marlink Global VSAT Network
- Develop and maintain monitoring software for the Marlink VSAT platform
- Facilitate effective operation of Marlink's VSAT platforms.
- Implement and improve processes and routines.
- Act as a competence resource for management and Technical Sales Support.
- Work with suppliers to find fault with platform and solutions.
- Master, bachelor or equivalent level within Telecom / IT
- Relevant work experience can compensate for lack of formal education
- Networking. Routing/switching
- Experience in database administration and programming
- Knowledge in some of the areas: MSSQL, SSIS, TSDB, InfluxDB, Grafana, REST, Bash, Pyton
- Good oral and written presentation skills in Norwegian and English
- Driving license class B
- You are a team player with good collaboration and communication skills
- You are analytical, structured and result-oriented
- You can handle a hectic environment and high workload
- You are solution and service oriented
- You work efficiently and can work independently
- Competitive wage and pension conditions
- A company in continued growth
- New technology
- An interesting job in a developing, international and hectic environment
Some work-related travelling must be expected. Work location is EIK Teleport Norway. Company language is English.
For more information about this position, contact the Director VSAT Platforms and Networks Frank Orf (+47 90845172).
All requests will be treated confidentially and in accordance with applicable rules and guidelines.
Marlink is the pioneer of business-critical communication solutions for customers operating in remote environments. Through its ownership of Marlink, Telemar and other acquisitions, Apax Partners has created a Group dedicated to providing the maritime industry with an integrated offering of broadband communications, digital solutions, bridge electronics, and on-board and remote maintenance.
Combining the power of these three long-term expert organizations, the Marlink Group is recognized as one of the leading ICT and operational technology specialists serving customers in the Shipping, Offshore, Cruise & Ferry, Yachting and Fishing markets.
The group generated US $440 Million in revenues in 2018, with more than 1000 employees worldwide serving at least 1 in 3 vessels operating globally.
A global 24/7 helpdesk, specialized competence centers, local presence on all continents and a network of 1000 service points staffed by highly qualified, certified service engineers, supports global customers to operate smarter and safer.
Marlink’s managed IT services division (previously Palantir AS), is a growing center of competence dedicated to delivering innovative and secure digital solutions for Marlink customers. Marlink Group’s ITC powerhouse has already taken a leading position at the forefront of maritime digitalization and products in the Managed Services area.
We are a company of strong growth with many new customers, and we need new employees in several fields, and we need new employees in our office in Stord and Bergen.
Satcom, Operations, IT, Telecom, Engineers
|Sist endret||6. feb. 2020 16:17|