Sustainability & CO2 Performance Manager
- Klaveness AS
- Sustainability & CO2 Performance Manager
With great ambitions, we need great people!
Klaveness Operations is currently seeking to fill several exciting positions to support our ambitious organization on the road to becoming the world’s most progressive and technology leading shipping company.
Klaveness Combination Carriers owns a fleet of 9 CABU vessels and 8 CLEANBU vessels of which 5 is under construction. Through our extensive CLEANBU newbuilding program, we are currently developing the most CO2 efficient transportation system in the world and need people with the right mindset and attitudes to support the necessary transition in the years to come. With an ambition to become an organization capable of taking advantage of the data streams generated by our vessels, and through that develop better ways to operate our vessels from an environmental, technical and commercials standpoint, we need you.
Our nice and collaborative office space is located at Vækerø, Oslo and hosts all units required to run an integrated shipping company.
To strengthen our global operations team, we are seeking a Sustainability & CO2 Performance Manager who will be responsible for continuous development of our environmental strategy. You will be responsible for fleet wide implementation of this strategy and to follow-up and document compliance with short and long terms goals. You will also be responsible for monitoring the fleet’s CO2 performance and to act as the driving force for continuous improvement. The position is based in Oslo and will report to Head of Projects & Business Transformation.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Deliver on GHG emissions reduction targets and ambitions set by the company towards a zero-emission future
- Be a key contributor for developing and maintaining the climate risk action plan and reporting according to the TCFD principles
- Deliver on other environmental improvement targets and ambitions set by the company
- Proactively represent the company in relevant research projects and Industrial Forums
- Be on top of all current and future environmental regulatory requirements and advice the organisation accordingly
- Act as the main coordinator between technical projects, operations and chartering department on sustainability initiatives
- Responsible for preparing sustainability reporting as required by authorities and other stakeholders
Qualifications and experience:
- MSc level technical education
- Preferably 3 years of related experience
- Understanding of ship operations and chartering is an advantage
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting
- Strong IT skills
- Genuine knowledge and interest in sustainability or environmental science
- Able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient and transparent way
- Good analytical skills
- Eager to initiate and drive new projects to improve our environmental performance
- Team player with the ability to work independently
We offer a role with great strategic and operational importance in an international and progressive company with great ambitions for the future. With us you will experience good opportunities for personal and professional development, and we offer an informal and great working environment in modern offices at Vækerø in Oslo.
Should you have any questions regarding the position, please contact our advisors at Mercuri Urval, Svein Olsen Mellemsæter, phone + 47 404 92 684, or Anders Kleppe Norheim, phone + 47 975 59 059. All contacts will be treated in full confidence.
If all this sounds like a great opportunity to you, please submit your application including your CV as soon as possible, and no later than February 9th.
Torvald Klaveness is a dry bulk operator, service provider and integrated owner. Through Klaveness Combination Carriers, the company has a unique concept of combination carriers, and through Klaveness Container provides container feeder vessels to various operators. Klaveness Operations manages the owned vessels from an environmental, technical and commercial standpoint and Klaveness Digital has developed the world’s leading platform for managing seaborne logistics. The success and legacy of the company has always centred on finding new ways to improve technology and business models in shipping with a vision of improving the nature of shipping.
With more than 70 years’ experience, Klaveness operates close to 135 vessels through offices in Oslo, Singapore, Manila and Dubai with around 175 employees onshore and close to 750 seafarers. More information about our company and our activities can be found at www.klaveness.com and www.combinationscarriers.com.
- 0283 Oslo
- Industri og produksjon,
- Transport og logistikk
- IT drift og vedlikehold / Drift/Operations
Bærekraft, project manager, data processing, Oslo, environmental strategy
|Sist endret||10. feb. 2020 00:12|