EARTH OBSERVATION SPECIALIST
- Kongsberg Satellite Services AS
- EARTH OBSERVATION SPECIALIST
With the growth of satellite datasets now available, particularly within the optical domain, increased market usage, as well as redundancy of satellite data as a whole, we are seeking an Earth Observation Specialist within our Earth Observation services team. This role focuses on data management and image processing to support primarily optical satellite image processing, optical and SAR data integration and GIS data management. This role focuses on bespoke and new services and capabilities, complementary to KSAT existing global client market, within the Earth Observation division of KSAT. The role will focus initially on feature and change detection in both marine and land environments inclusive of the associated data management and project preparation both internally and externally. The selected candidate will be part of a highly professional team that serves a global market. The position will report to the Director Programs - Energy, Environment & Security.
- Data management of new service projects and datasets
- Set up GIS workflows for specific projects with associated procedures.
- Technical processing of primarily optical satellite data for marine and land applications
- Coordination with Project Managers, Sales and clients to ensure fulfillment of contractual obligations towards our clients
- Providing technical support to our Sales team and Customers
- Supporting Operational teams with new service set up, processing and training
- Cross team/division technical coordination, particularly for new missions/new space
- Input into technical development discussions related to improvements to existing solutions and developments to new services to optimize procedures and processing methodologies.
- Bachelor of Science degree (Remote Sensing, GIS, Geography, Environmental Management or similar)
- Experience with image processing techniques and processing software (for example ESA SNAP, ENVI, PCI Geomatics, ERDAS) is required
- Experience with GIS applications is required (ArcGIS, QGIS)
- Technical knowledge of satellite Earth observation, specifically optical data - experience with the use of EO data for Oil and Gas applications is beneficial
- Experience from managing product/service development projects is beneficial
- Experience from operational industries and customer-facing roles is beneficial
- Command of English is mandatory, oral and written
- Team player with good communication and collaboration skills
- Self-driven and motivated
- Good business understanding and customer mind-set
Applicants must be eligible for Norwegian security clearance. Work loctaion will be Tromsø.
What we can offer you:
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
KSAT er verdens ledende kommersielle satellittsenter med base i Tromsø. KSAT utvikler og leverer data, informasjon og tjenester basert på satellitter, og vi har kunder over hele verden. Vi er totalt 200 ansatte lokalisert i Tromsø, Svalbard, Stockholm og Oslo. KSAT har stasjoner og antenner over hele verden, fra Tromsø og Svalbard i nord, via Panama, Singapore og Sør-Afrika, til Troll-stasjonen i Antarktis lengst sør. Antall kunder og bakkestasjoner vokser stadig, og denne sterke veksten gjør at vi nå trenger nye medarbeidere.
jordobservasjon, KSAT, Optical, SAR
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Magnar Slåtto
- HR Manager
- 77 60 02 54
Prestvannvegen 38, 9011 Tromsø
|Sist endret||13. jan 2020 16:25|