Mechanical Design Engineer – Product Development
- BioSort AS
- Mechanical Design Engineer
iFarm, our product
We seek talents to build iFarm, a system that utilizes computer vision, deep learning and biometrics to create health records for fish. Each fish is analyzed for possible disease symptoms and those who need treatment are sorted out. The result is increased fish welfare and sustainability, while lowering the production cost in fish farming.
BioSort’s vision to move from group-based farming and operations, to individualized care and treatment has been widely adopted in the salmon farming industry. The project has been awarded Development Licenses by the Directorate of Fisheries, with funding secured for 5 years. So far, we have done a lot of concept work and will now start developing the technology from scratch. Do you want to be part of a multidisciplinary team and the journey to build a groundbreaking product?
The core mechanical components are the iFarm housing and its sensor and sorting units. We also work on system design that involves the complete cage system. In addition, we simulate how the total system behaves in strong current, wind and waves. The product development will go though many interactions of prototypes that will be tested out in full scale.
What you will be doing
- Concept and detailed development of under water products
- Development of structural and electro-mechanical components from concept to production
- 3D CAD design
- Test out your own designs in the field
- Some travel to fish farms and development partners
Your Preferred Profile
You love your work and you have a passion for product development and technology. You enjoy working in a small team where you make an impact.
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Creative, innovative and analytical
- Practical and “hands on”
“Nice to have” experience
- Design for production
- Sensor technologies and optics
- Plastics as a design material
- Exciting technology development in a team of passionate, highly skilled colleagues
- Job security in a start-up environment
- Excellent benefits and a fantastic work environment
- Choose your individual tools, computer of your choice etc.
- Nice offices and lab facilities at Fornebu, by the water
How to apply
Apply via the link “Søk her“ and include CV, short motivation letter and academic transcripts.
BioSort has five employees today and we are on the lookout for people who would like to contribute to shaping both the technology and the company, as we grow.
We know that BioSort's success depends entirely on the knowledge and capabilities of our employees and put great effort in creating an outstanding team. It has been a top priority to invest in facilities with inspiring working conditions and lab capabilities - including an electronics lab, a mechanical lab and a ‘wet lab’ with a pool for testing equipment under water.
Our open company culture is characterized by initiative and involvement, giving you great creative freedom. You will be encouraged to take full responsibility and drive the process forward in your field of expertise. At the same time, we work in a close team to find the best solutions together. Above all, we like to have fun at work and make sure that everyone in the Biosort family is well taken care of.
- Martin Linges vei 25, 1364 Fornebu
- Industri og produksjon,
- IT - maskinvare,
- IT - programvare
- Ingeniør / Mekanisk
mechanical, mechatronics, 3D CAD, Product Development
|Sist endret||27. jan. 2020 10:36|