Senior Scientist: Ecological economics, environmental footprints, sustainability
- NILU - Norsk institutt for luftforskning
- Senior Scientist /Scientist
We seek a dedicated and highly competent candidate that successfully can lead project acquisition and interdisciplinary research on sustainable development.
NILU has an open position as a senior scientist/ scientist on ecological economics, environmental footprints, and sustainability at NILU - Norwegian Institute for Air Research. The position is permanent and is affiliated with the Department of Environmental Impacts and Sustainability at NILU’s main offices at Kjeller. The department has the responsibility for research and studies supporting the transition to a sustainable society and circular economy, with a strong focus on minimizing impacts on the environment, health and climate. The candidate is expected to contribute to expanding NILU’s activities with the opportunity to shape our future research on sustainable development and solutions. The candidate should also provide perspective and competence on (socio-)economic drivers of production and consumption and associated emissions and impacts. This includes contributing to the development and application of methods to determine the environmental footprint of products and industrial processes. The candidate is expected to contribute in project acquisition and to support the needs for various externally funded projects.
The applicant is expected to:
- Lead project acquisition and participate in national and international projects;
- Contribute to the department’s research and work on systemic transitions to a sustainable and circular economy, with focus on (socio-)economic drivers of production and consumption;
- Contribute to the application and development of interdisciplinary models for environmental and carbon footprints of products and systems to, e.g., support policies and business development;
- Disseminate research results, including publishing in the peer-reviewed literature.
The applicant should have:
- PhD in a relevant field (e.g. ecological economics, environmental engineering, industrial ecology, environmental economics);
- Documented capacity and success in project acquisition;
- Experience in the use, development and interpretation of economic models, including optimization models, and/or
- Experience in the development and use of environmentally extended MRIO models and/or Life Cycle Assessment models;
- Experience with publication of scientific research in peer reviewed journals;
- Experience in international and/or national research projects at the level of project coordinator or work package leader (e.g. Research Council of Norway and European projects);
- A wide industrial network is an advantage;
- Good knowledge of English, both oral and written;
- Good knowledge of Norwegian, both oral and written. As a minimum the candidate should commit to learn Norwegian within the first years of employment.
We seek candidates with good communication and collaboration skills. We have extensive collaboration with the European Environment Agency, national and international research institutes and universities. International travel activities are to be expected as part of the work. NILU offers an existing and stimulating work environment and competitive employee benefits.
NILU – Norwegian Institute for Air Research (170 employees) aims to increase the understanding of processes and effects of climate change, of the composition of the atmosphere, of air quality and of hazardous substances. The institute holds a strong position both on the national and international level within its core fields of research.
- Instituttveien 18, 2027 Kjeller
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap
Ecological economics, environmental footprints, sustainability, circular economy, Life Cycle Assessment
Spørsmål om stillingen
Instituttveien 18, 2027 Kjeller
|Sist endret||20. jan. 2020 11:56|