Product Manager (Global)
- Gentian AS
- Product Manager (Global)
This is an opportunity for candidates with commercial experience relevant to the IVD industry and a science degree, to use their skills in the lifecycle management and marketing of Gentian products with an international focus.
If you are attracted by a dynamic, innovative organisation in an international arena, then Gentian could be an interesting workplace for you.
This position will initially hold responsibility for several established diagnostic products in our portfolio (human and veterinarian) with marketing responsibility for these products, covering all marketing and lifecycle activities with a focus on working with key accounts and distributors. After several months this role will then move product responsibilities in order to be involved in a multi-disciplinary project to provide market input and market development insights to launch a new product in the Gentian portfolio.
Our product managers are part of the marketing department but also hold post launch technical responsibilities, so flexibility is key. The job involves gaining an in depth knowledge of the products through scientific literature and market research, identifying commercial leads for the products to be followed up by the sales team, supporting our customers and distributors with technical and marketing information and contributing to the marketing departments common objectives for sales and product launches. This position reports to VP Marketing.
Typical tasks include:
- Contribute to the commercialisation and business plans for the portfolio products
- Identifying new potential customer leads in line with the commercialisation plan
- Prepare sales forecasts, and monthly sales updates for the products in the portfolio
- Prepare production forecasts and work closely with production on customer-related issues and improvement projects
- Create product specific marketing literature and presentations
- Participate in international congresses related to the Gentian product portfolio
- Visit customers alongside the sales and business development teams
- Contribute in the development of new products and in inter-departmental product related meetings
- Working with R&D to add data to launched products
- Working with QA/RA to register products in new territories
- Ensuring product documentation meets quality standards
- Technical support and troubleshooting
Preferred qualifications and skills
- MSc or equivalent in a scientific field
- 5+ years commercial experience in a life science company
- Previous experience in IVD, Medical Devices or a related health care industry a plus
- Experience in taking a new product from product concept through launch
- Marketing, sales or customer facing experience
- Laboratory experience a plus
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Available for international travel
- Flexible and positive
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Team player
- Ability to communicate in a professional and friendly manner
- Analytical and organised
- Customer focused
We can offer
- A challenging job with responsibility development opportunities
- Social, informal environment in a high technology company within the life science sector
- Good conditions and competitive wages
- Opportunities for development for the successful applicant
Start date: as soon as possible
Please send CV and application letter in English.
Gentian AS develops and market high quality, in vitro diagnostic assays for the global clinical laboratory market, both human and veterinary. Gentian´s products have gained substantial market share due to their high quality from utilising our proprietary, innovative technology for nanoparticle enhanced diagnostic tests. Gentian performs production, R&D, marketing and distribution from our headquarters in Norway, Moss and our representative offices in China, Sweden and US. The company coordinates several well-funded international R&D projects partnered by leading clinical and commercial organisations using our nanoparticle-based technologies. Several exciting and original diagnostic products are in the pipeline, and new employment opportunities are being created. Today Gentian employs 40 persons of varied age, professional background and nationality.
marked, produktlanseringer, B2B
|Sist endret||27. des 2019 14:48|