- R&D Chemists
We now have two R&D Chemist positions vacant, one permanent position, and one temporary position with a duration of 1,5 years. As an R&D Chemist in Jotun you will develop and maintain products and technologies within the powder coatings area, allowing Powder R&D to meet its strategic goals, ensuring and strengthening the position as market and technology leader.
The permanent position is within the Primer group. The Primer R&D department consist of three different teams, working chiefly with new technology, product innovations and productsupport, respectively. These teams all work on anti-corrosive coatings for marineand protective industry applications.
The Powder R&D group is composed of a central team based in Norway, working on the development of global products targeted for concepts such as General Industry, Appliance, Furniture, Architecture and Pipe coatings and Regional R&D labs located in five different geographical regions, supporting the introduction of new products at a local level and developing regional products.
Duties and responsibilities
- Formulate, test and evaluate coating recipes in accordance to relevant requirements and standards
- Systematically document, analyze and report results from development and maintenance work, make conclusions and recommendations
- Develop and implement test methods relevant to evaluation of product performance, contributing e?ciency and quality of the development process
- Search for, make use of and disseminate relevant knowledge
- Perform tasks on maintenance of existing products and evaluation of new/alternative raw materials
- Be a technical resource for customer support, commercial and production teams within the area of responsibility
- Lead and manage assigned laboratory technicians
- Assure experimental work to be performed in a safe and secure environment, monitor order and cleanliness at work place and in the lab
- MSc in organic, polymer or material chemistry, for the primer position BSc can qualify
- Prior experience with coatings for corrosion protection is advantage
- Acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Uses a methodical and systematic approach; plans ahead, defines clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- Quickly understands and analyzes complex issues and problems; comes up with sound and rational judgments
- Demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participates in continuous professional development
- Produces fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions; breaks away from tradition; promotes change and novelty
- Co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals
We can offer
- A friendly and supportive working environment.
- A continuous focus on reinventing and innovating high quality products.
- An international Corporate Culture founded on our four values; Care, Respect, Loyalty and Boldness.
- Insurance and Pension schemes
Jotun is one of the world's leading manufacturers of decorative paints, marine, protective and powder coatings. The Group has 62 companies and 40 production facilities around the world, and more than 9 800 employees. Jotun is represented in more than 100 countries through own subsidiaries, joint ventures, agents, branch offices and distributors. The Jotun Group's sales in 2018 was NOK 17.7 billion. The Jotun Group is organised into four segments and seven geographical regions, and has its head office in Sandefjord, Norway.
- Søknad merkes
- Antall stillinger
- Hystadveien 167, 3209 Sandefjord
- Kjemisk industri
- Ingeniør / Kjemiingeniør
Powder,, Chemist,, Primer
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Maxim Mitrokhin
- R&D Manager - Powder, Functional
- 480 02 415
- Morten Juul Høiås
- Global R&D Director Primer
- 926 66 582
Hystadveien 167, 3209 Sandefjord
|Sist endret||1. nov 2019 14:04|