Looking for a high-caliber and passionate Senior Backend Engineer/Lead Engineer
- Arundo Analytics
- Senior Backend Engineer/Lead Engineer
- You take pride in the quality of your work.
- Learning about the latest technologies and their applications motivates you.
- You want to shape the software products and services of the future in heavy industries.
- Others look to you for advice and guidance.
- You enjoy working on complex projects and sharing knowledge with other experienced team members.
If you find yourself in some of these aspects, please reach out, because we have an interesting opportunity for you!
Project and role
You will be innovating and building out different components like our compute processing backbone or new ways of domain modelling that address some core challenges with complex analytics solutions at scale.
Personal traits and qualities
- You are triggered by hard engineering challenges and have a systematic mindset
- You have a good intuition for things like technical debt, design smells, tech trends
- You’re a positive driving force in developing concepts and implementation
- You feed off of continuously learning new things
- You have the ability to navigate between low-level and higher-level work
- You are highly self-driven from directions - and sometimes self set direction
- You have a commercial and product mindset
- You have the ability to guide and mentor
- You are an unselfish team player
We believe you are the kind of person that can ramp up on anything, but you will probably have a real strength or passion in some of these areas:
- Cloud tech and patterns, examples: Serverless paradigm, Kubernetes, Docker
- Analytics product, tools and frameworks, examples: Kafka, Spark, Beam, Flink, Yarn
- Database understanding, examples: PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4j
- Basic Machine learning understanding, understanding aspects of machine learning enough to integrate with it at different stages (development and operation)
- Analytics/big data patterns
- Domain modelling with techniques like Domain-Driven Design
- Patterns like Event sourcing and Actor model
- Graph modelling and algorithms
- Know what complexity is about and how to deal with it
- Know what sustainable looks like, but can balance uncertainty and incremental building
- Role of tooling/frameworks within the architecture (not get lost in the tooling)
- A values driven company with an inclusive and autonomous culture
- Highly talented and dedicated colleagues
- Collaborative environment with our offices in the US and EMEA
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Fun environment - we take fun seriously and have appointed a VP of Fun
- Regular team building activities
- Several social clubs of own choice (Data Science Club, Running Club, FemalesArundo)
- Collaboration with Stanford/StartX and MIT/STEX25
- Newly refurbished office downtown Oslo, close to the castle
- Free snacks in the office
- Competitive salary and participation in the employee stock option program
- Pension plan, medical services membership, travel insurance
Important information for applicants from non-EU/EEA countries: Due to the current situation with Covid-19, the visa process is uncertain and travel into the country is temporarily restricted. For that reason, we are currently unable to consider your application if you do not have existing work permits for the EU/EEA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals in the position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Arundo reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Arundo is a software company based in Oslo, Norway; Houston, TX; and Palo Alto, CA, with presence in 6 locations in Europe and the Americas. Our software enables advanced analytics, machine learning, and IoT applications for more efficient, safer, and more effective physical systems in heavy industries such as energy, chemicals, and shipping. Founded in 2015, Arundo currently consists of around 60 software engineers, data scientists, designers, and industrial domain experts.
Our team members are passionate about being part of a company that can solve tough problems and create innovative solutions. We believe in a fun environment, where our people can be fearless and feel empowered to always do the right thing. Arundites come from many different backgrounds including academia, industry, and even a submarine! We look for smart, creative thinkers with a player-coach mindset who can wear multiple hats and contribute to our exciting future!
cloud, programmering, software, software engineer, back end engineer
|Sist endret||7. aug. 2020 13:56|