System Consultant at UnITy (G2Ocean, Gearbulk and Grieg Star).
- System Consultant
Please send your CV and application to email@example.com as soon as possible.
UnITy is the joint IT department of the world-leading shipping companies G2 Ocean, Gearbulk & Grieg Star. The unit was established in January 2019 to maintain, evolve and shape the companies’ digital infrastructure for the future. Our team is currently growing. By the end of 2019, UnITy will consist of 40 employees – all working together to maintain the IT services and shape the digital future of the companies.
UnITy focuses on delivering digital solutions within the following areas;
- Business Intelligence
- Infrastructure & Support
- Information Security
- Business Processes
- Super User Network
Join the team in developing digital solution within shipping!
We are working on harmonizing the digital infrastructure and modernize all our services with a “Cloud First” mindset. We are searching for a candidate who will work together with our development and infrastructure teams. We need you to take responsibility of the total application landscape. You will be the “go-to person” that makes sure our dataflows and integrations are working optimally and help us build out the existing infrastructure. Installing, testing, configuring and optimizing our hardware and software systems will be part of your accountability. The ideal candidate can prioritize mission-critical tasks and enhance the construction and expansion of our systems. We are looking for a candidate who can automate processes and coordinate updates and other maintenance tasks with our daily operations. The position will report to the Head of Infrastructure and Support.
- Design best practice automated routines for monitoring of our system application portfolio
- Necessary daily maintenance tasks on our systems and databases
- Participation in technical discussions to improve application and architectural issues
- Documentation of the system application landscape and integration layers
- Technical responsible in development projects which involve existing applications
- Close collaboration with both the development and infrastructure teams
- Take ownership of processes involving testing and backup together with external vendors
- Developing and maintaining system integrations and components,
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical disciplines
- 4-6 years’ experience
- Good communication skills (with customers and engineers)
- Proven experience in similar positions or roles
- You enjoy both analytical and hands-on work to solve problems
- Linux and Windows server experience preferred
- Python, PowerShell or other relevant scripting experience a plus
- Industry knowledge would be an advantage
- Experience with implementation projects
- Excellent skills of structure and documentation
We Appreciate if you have experience with :
Database: Oracle and MS SQL Server environment, both hosted locally and in the cloud
Hosting environment: Hybrid Azure environment together with on-premise VMWare hosting (with a clear cloud-first strategy)
Operating systems: Heterogenous environment with Linux and Windows servers
SLA requirements: 24/7 worldwide operations
What we can offer:
By joining the team, you will take part in an international working environment, which is adapting to modern technology. UnITy wants team members to thrive at work, hence professional development, social initiatives and after work gatherings are highly supported. Continuous learning, efficiency, open communication, enthusiasm, humour and fun, serves as the anchor of UnITy’s activities.
UnITy pushes the team to be “creative, innovative and customer-oriented”. Therefore, you will be given the opportunity to influence your own tasks, assignments, personal and professional growth when building the digital future for shipping.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a friendly and modern working environment at our headquarters in Bergen.
Please send your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will consider candidates as we receive the applications.
For more info please contact:
Truls Berntsen, Rådgiver, SilverLiningIT, email@example.com, +47 90 99 80 88, or
Marianne Håvardstun, Daglig leder, SilverLiningIT, firstname.lastname@example.org, +47 98 25 51 31.
About the companies
G2 Ocean (www.g2ocean.com)
is the largest deep-sea breakbulk carrier in the world and has a substantial fleet of conventional bulk vessels. In total, G2 Ocean operates 130 vessels and make over 4000 port calls in more than 70 countries each year. With 14 offices and over 380 employees on six continents, G2 Ocean can serve all customer’s needs. Offering sustainable shipping solutions to clients, while benefiting communities and the environment, is at the core of G2 Ocean’s business.
Since 1968, Gearbulk has been setting standards for reliable, cost-effective and innovative ocean transport. Gearbulk has a proud history associated with the transportation of cargoes that require special handling and stowage such as pulp, aluminium, orange juice or granite, including conventional bulk. Each year our ships make thousands of ports calls in more than 70 countries on five continents.
Grieg Star (www.griegstar.com)
Grieg Star is part of the privately-owned Grieg Group, which was established in 1884. The company owns, manages and operates shipping services worldwide. The company employs approximately 740 persons, of which 90 are shore-based and 650 at sea. The company operates a fleet of approximately 40 vessels transporting parcel cargo, break bulk and dry bulk cargo. All Grieg Star vessels are a part of the G2 Ocean pool.
- G2 Ocean AS Grieg-Gaarden, C. Sundtsgate 17, 5004 Bergen
- IT utvikling / Systemarkitekt
|Sist endret||14. jan. 2020 08:22|