Front-End Business Intelligence Developer at UnITy (G2 Ocean, Gearbulk and Grieg Star)
- Front-End Business Intelligence Developer
UnITy is the joint IT department of the world-leading shipping companies G2 Ocean, Gearbulk & Grieg Star. The unit was established in January 2019 to maintain, evolve and shape the companies’ digital infrastructure for the future. We are currently growing our team. By the end of 2019, UnITy will consist of 40 employees – all working together to maintain the IT services and shape the digital future of the companies.
UnITy focuses on delivering digital solutions within the following areas;
- Business Intelligence
- Infrastructure & Support
- Information Security
- Business Processes
- Super User Network
Join the team – and be part of improving decision-making in shipping!
As a Front-End Developer you will be responsible for working with internal customers to understand their information needs and rapidly prototype BI solutions. Your work will contribute to enhance the companies’ business intelligence platforms and to improve the decision-making within G2 Ocean, Gearbulk and Grieg Star.
If you are curious about using data systems and analysis to improve performance and delivering insights to support the companies’ operations, we would certainly like to hear from you.
- Design, build and deploy Business Intelligence solutions
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Evaluate and improve existing Business Intelligence systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and update technical documentation
We appreciate if you are:
- Open to “sharing is caring”
- Engaged and motivated for change
- Able to work independently
- Seeking to improve existing processes
- A team player and a driver of strategic initiatives
We appreciate if you have:
- Proven experience as a Business Intelligence Developer
- Knowledge of the Shipping industry would be advantage
- In-depth understanding of database management systems and the ETL framework
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence technologies (Microsoft Power BI)
- Knowledge of SQL (Oracle & Microsoft)
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude, able to take initiative and to be innovative
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of experience
What we can offer:
By joining the team, you will take part in an international working environment, which is adapting to modern technology. UnITy wants team members to thrive at work, hence professional development, social initiatives and after work gatherings are highly supported. Continuous learning, efficiency, open communication, enthusiasm, humour and fun, serves as the anchor of UnITy’s activities.
UnITy pushes the team to be “creative, innovative and customer-oriented”. Therefore, you will be given the opportunity to influence your own tasks, assignments, personal and professional growth when building the digital future for shipping.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a friendly and modern working environment at our headquarters in Bergen.
Please send your CV and application to email@example.com as soon as possible. We will consider candidates as we receive the applications.
For more info please contact:
Truls Berntsen, Rådgiver, SilverLiningIT, firstname.lastname@example.org, +47 90 99 80 88, or
Marianne Håvardstun, Daglig leder, SilverLiningIT, email@example.com, +47 98 25 51 31.
Yannis Garantziotis, IT Services Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, +47 92 66 65 66
About the companies
G2 Ocean (www.g2ocean.com)
G2 Ocean is the largest deep-sea breakbulk carrier in the world and has a substantial fleet of conventional bulk vessels. In total, G2 Ocean operates 130 vessels and make over 4000 port calls in more than 70 countries each year. With 14 offices and over 380 employees on six continents, G2 Ocean can serve all customer’s needs. Offering sustainable shipping solutions to clients, while benefiting communities and the environment, is at the core of G2 Ocean’s business.
Since 1968, Gearbulk has been setting standards for reliable, cost-effective and innovative ocean transport. Gearbulk has a proud history associated with the transportation of cargoes that require special handling and stowage such as pulp, aluminium, orange juice or granite, including conventional bulk. Each year our ships make thousands of ports calls in more than 70 countries on five continents.
Grieg Star (www.griegstar.com)
Grieg Star is part of the privately-owned Grieg Group, which was established in 1884. The company owns, manages and operates shipping services worldwide. The company employs approximately 740 persons, of which 90 are shore-based and 650 at sea. The company operates a fleet of approximately 40 vessels transporting parcel cargo, break bulk and dry bulk cargo. All Grieg Star vessels are a part of the G2 Ocean pool.
- G2 Ocean AS Grieg-Gaarden, C. Sundtsgate 17, 5004 Bergen
- IT utvikling / Front-end,
|Sist endret||31. des. 2019 09:54|