Legal counsel (advokat)
- Hurtigruten AS - Hurtigruten Pluss AS
- Legal counsel (advokat)
As Legal Counsel, you will be working on various legal issues across the company and its global subsidiaries. You will focus primarily on structuring, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements (supplier agreements, shipping contracts, consulting agreements, strategic partner agreements, non-disclosure agreements), as well as working closely with, and providing legal support to, the company's business units on a broad range of other legal issues.
The position will be located in Oslo and will report to General Counsel / VP Legal.
- Identify, manage and mitigate risk at all stages of the contracting process.
- Identify and mitigate potential liabilities and risks associated with third-party vendors, internal business practices, contract negotiations and corporate policies
- Assist in creating and improving agreements and templates
- Advise business units with respect to legal issues related to the development and implementation of its business strategy, governance and compliance policies
- Assist with special corporate projects (e.g. M&A)
- Support corporate governance and administration for the group companies, incl. corporate resolutions and corporate records
- Ensure business unit compliance with Corporate Authorization Policy
- Assist in the permitting/licensing process in connection with Hurtigruten's planned sailings
- Provide legal advice in relation to Package Tour Act (terms & conditions, irregular operations)
- Assisting with mediation/litigation
- Supervise outside counsel
- Master's degree in law with strong academic results
- Bar exam (Nw. Advokatbevilling)
- 2-4 years' experience working as an attorney in a commercial law firm and/or as in-house counsel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English and Norwegian)
- Experience with shipping contracts (newbuilds, repair and maintenance, charters, etc.) preferred, but not a requirement
- College / University, Master's degree
- Legal /juridical
- Independent, structured and self-motivated with high work standards, including special attention to detail, accuracy and an emphasis on meeting deadlines
- Ability to understand the business objectives and ensure those objectives are met in negotiating and drafting commercial contracts
- Must exhibit a high level of discretion, professionalism, maturity and integrity
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments with sensitive deadlines
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels of management and other personnel within the various entities of Hurtigruten, including working with a wide range of personalities
- Commitment to understanding the business backdrop of Hurtigruten and the cruise industry
- Be a role model for Hurtigruten's core values: We Inspire, We empower, We Explore, We Care
- A developing and challenging workplace where you will be working with one of Norways strongest brands
- A great opportunity to participate in and influence the development of the department
- A skilled, motivated and dynamic work environment
- Competitive remuneration and employee benefits
Hurtigruten has operated in international tourism since its establishment in 1893 and is one of Norway`s strongest brands and a world leader in exploration travel. The company has a fleet of 11 vessels operating the coastal route between Bergen and Kirkenes and a growing expedition fleet currently consisting of the expedition vessels MS Roald Amundsen, MS Fram, MS Spitsbergen and MS Midnatsol sailing in the world`s most coveted polar destinations like Spitsbergen, Greenland, Arctic Canada, the North West Passage, Alaska and Antarctica. Hurtigruten also has significant land based operations (hotels and arctic adventure activities) through Hurtigruten Svalbard (Spitsbergen) and Hurtigruten Barents (Kirkenes).
The Group has offices in Oslo, Tromsø, Longyearbyen, Kirkenes, London, Hamburg, Paris, Tallinn, Seattle, Hong Kong and Melbourne.
- Langkaia 1, 0150 Oslo
- Reise og turisme
|Sist endret||25. sep. 2019 12:56|