Can you design and develop new products for downhole oilfield equipment?
- National Oilwell Varco
- Design Engineer, Downhole Oilfield Equipment
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform full lifecycle product development (conceptualize, design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement)
- Focus on New Product Development taking products from new concepts to commercial production
- Verify design by using sound engineering calculation principles
- Estimate budget and scope of project
- Prepare product reports and documentation
- Take part in reviewing drawing and documentation
- Carry out sustaining work on existing product portfolio
- Contribute in concept and design reviews.
- Attend product-related meetings or reviews with customers
- Support other departments and carry out other duties as may be reasonably expected by the role
- Travel is occasionally required as dictated by project needs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in design of downhole oilfield equipment. Candidates with longer experience are welcome to apply.
- Involvement in New Product Development and managing R&D projects
- Ability to develop mechanical tools that meets the end-users' requirements
- Have a track record of problem-solving and innovation
- Be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Be able to manage multiple projects effectively
- Strong experience with CAD modelling software and drafting procedures.
- Ability to write engineering documents and reports
- Working knowledge of FEA and supportive hand calculation
- Proficient in written and spoken English
Please upload a design portfolio with your application. Please also upload relevant qualifications and training certificates together with your CV and application (max 6 attachments). We only accept applications in English.
We can offer:
National Oilwell Varco can offer interesting and challenging tasks in an international environment. We value trust and openness, and offer competitive terms and exiting carrier opportunities.
National Oilwell Varco (NYSE: NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of oil and gas operations. NOV powers the industry that powers the world. Visit www.nov.com for more information.
- 4033 Stavanger
- Olje og gass,
- Maritim og offshore,
- Industri og produksjon
- Ingeniør / Mekanisk,
- Teknisk personell
ingeniør, mekanisk, CAD, utvikling, design
|Sist endret||2. sep 2019 00:08|