- Kirkens Nødhjelp
- GBV Advisor
The position is a permanent position and we are looking at a start date of November 1st 2019.
NCA uses electronic recruitment portal. You can register your CV, write an application and attach certificates and diplomas. Only applicants who use our electronic portal will be considered for the position.
Duties and responsibilities
- Strengthen GBV prevention, protection and response in NCA and partners` humanitarian interventions and long-term development work
- Contribute to more integrated responses and long-term approaches
- Support emergency humanitarian responses
- Facilitate capacity building and mentoring of partners and national staff in GBV
- Provide strategic direction and technical advice on programme development with a focus on the prevention, protection and response to GBV;
- Networking and coordination with relevant actors
- Contribute to identifying funding opportunities as well as advocacy initiatives.
- Write programme reports, proposals and oversee budgets
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience related to GBV in conflict and post conflict settings
- Skills in gender and conflict analysis
- Knowledge of international humanitarian standards for GBV prevention, protection and response
- Strong training and capacity building experience, particularly using participatory techniques for training related to different components of GBV programming
- Experience with working with civil society actors and faith-based organisations
- Knowledge of international best practices, key international policy processes and frameworks related to GBV prevention, protection and response
- Fluency in English is required, Norwegian, French, and/or Arabic are an advantage
- Demonstrate flexibility, reflection, and the ability to maintain positive relationships and composure in stressful situations
- Exceptional cooperative skills, seeing strengths as well as opportunities in colleagues and partners
- Ability to listen and build trust while at the same time a establish a clear direction and motivate others Excellent at communicating and engaging partners and staff
We can offer
- Opportunity to play a key role in overseeing and coordinating significant and meaningful work for one of Norway's largest humanitarian organizations.
- Competitive terms and conditions and a comprehensive pension plan
Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA') is one of the largest aid organisations in the Nordic region. We are there in disasters and emergencies to provide water and critical assistance to those affected. Together with our international network and partner organisations in the ACT Alliance we are able to reach millions of people each year and help make a positive difference around the world. We are determined to work towards eradicating injustice and we therefore work passionately with advocacy, long-term development in local communities and providing emergency assistance. As we see more and more people impacted by disasters, we now have an even stronger focus on providing more people with emergency relief and access to clean water. We believe that people in need must be helped and we will not stop fighting for a just world.
- Bernhard Getz gate 3, 0165 Oslo
- Ideelle organisasjoner
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Marianne Rolland
- HR Adviser Recruitment
- 22 09 27 00
Bernhard Getz gate 3, 0165 Oslo
|Sist endret||5. aug 2019 10:21|