Senior Systems Engineer for the Nordic´s leading financial software company
- Infront ASA
- Senior Systems Engineer
Who we are
Over 40 trillion US Dollars’ worth of shares are traded each year on the worlds stock-exchanges through billions of trades and many billions of orders. Together with funds, bonds, all other types of financial instruments, news-feeds and research reports, this becomes an enormous deluge of information.
For 20 years Infront has developed software that helps our users to make sense of this enormous mountain of data. We deliver the most user-friendly and flexible solutions in the financial markets, helping institutions reduce costs, adapt to fast changing market requirements and be able to work more effectively with increasing amounts of information.
Infront is located in London, Paris, Stockholm, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Oslo, Cape Town and Johannesburg, and now we want to expand our team to deliver even better services to even more customers.
The operations department are responsible for administering over 500 Windows servers with Infront proprietary software installed. The servers are mostly self-maintained servers placed across several sites in Europe behind Windows and Fortinet firewalls.
We are troubleshooting market data errors, maintaining our core infrastructure and helping development release and support our proprietary software suite.
We setup and administer cloud services such as Azure and AWS.
Our system engineers help development and sales setting up new infrastructure as needed when onboarding new customers or partners.
Who we need
Our ideal candidate has all (or most) of these characteristics:
· You should be a hands-on, technically skilled and motivated individual
· Interested in working with low latency networks running Infronts proprietary software (with real-time data feeds)
· Proactive, curious with a genuine interest in computer software & hardware
· Have an eye for details and standardization
· You must be fluent in English and ideally at least one Scandinavian language,
· Ability to keep a high spirit even under pressure
· Self-motivated with high ability to deliver
· Service oriented and with a self-starter mentality
· Team player with strong focus on results and ability to find optimal solutions
What you need to know
You should be familiar with several of the following tools and technologies:
· Windows servers and workstations
· Windows network
· Firewall administration
· IIS webserver load-balancing
· Azure or other cloud technologies
· Active Directory
· Microsoft S2D
· Microsoft Hyper-V
· Scripting (i.e Powershell)
· Deployment platforms
· SQL Databases - setup/recovery/backup – MS/PostgreSql
· Microsoft Backup
You have more than 5 years of relevant hands-on working experience, and preferably a degree in computer science. Long and relevant work experience may compensate for higher education.
Experience or credentials as shown below will be considered a plus:
· MCSE Windows server/workstation certifications (doesn’t have to be on latest platform)
· Experience from an DevOps environment
· Experience from the financial industry
Working at Infront
Infront is a great place to work. We have a flexible and fun environment and want to help our employees excel, so whether you prefer to buckle down with your headset on to tackle a difficult problem or take on a complex architecture challenge in a group session you can do it here.
We want our co-worker’s best work and best ideas so we strive to create an environment for innovation, both through our daily work and our periodical hackathons.
Infront has customers across more than 30 countries, but all our development, support and operations staff is located in Oslo or Stockholm.
We are open for applicants residing in Oslo or Stockholm and some travel is required in the position. As our work force is international, all applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.
Applicants must have the right to work in Norway/EU.
- Munkedamsveien 45, 0250 Oslo
- Internettbaserte tjenester,
- IT - programvare
- IT drift og vedlikehold / Drift/Operations,
- IT drift og vedlikehold / IT-support,
- IT utvikling / IT-sikkerhet
it, it-sikkerhet, datateknologi, devops, networks
|Sist endret||24. mai 2019 11:48|