Coordinator Humanitarian Innovation
- Røde kors
- Coordinator Digital Innovation
- Frist utløpt
The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world's largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers operating in 190 countries. The RCRC Movement's mission is to safe life, alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. The international engagement of NorCross is based on and guided by humanitarian needs and the humanitarian imperative aiming at achieving humanitarian objectives. Internationally, NorCross operates exclusively inside the framework of the RCRC Movement and has established regional and country offices to ensure decentralized decision-making and proximity to partners and projects.
Coordinator Humanitarian Innovation is a key member of Strategy and Results, one of five units in International Programmes and Preparedness. The unit consist of nine specialised professionals and is set standards for, oversees and supports strategy implementation, work processes, risk- and results management, project planning and monitoring, learning and evaluation and humanitarian innovation. Strategy and Result coordinates implementation of digital tools and systems, manages PIMS (Project and Information Management System) and writes the annual NorCross result report. Our focus is to enhance the relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of our mission - to save lives and reduce human suffering for those affected by conflict, protracted crisis and natural disasters.
The purpose of the Coordinator Humanitarian Innovation is to support NorCross innovate more systematic and proactively within health and watsan (water and sanitation) in cooperation with partners. The selected candidate will maintain and coordinate the implementation of NorCross humanitarian innovation programme aimed at fostering and supporting insight, ideation and rapid prototyping/piloting of solutions in the last mile. During the coming period, a key focus is to work with country level to develop problem statement and support implementation of prioritised bottom-up, field-driven innovation (where target audience is beneficiaries or NS's). Furthermore, the Coordinator will contribute to connect health/watsan, digitalisation and if relevant cash approaches. The Coordinator will also support: identification, prioritisation and implementation of strategic innovation initiatives; proof of concepts prepare for scaling; and development of innovation competency and tools (Humanitarian Innovation Platform).
We seek a person who;
- Is a self-starter, makes things happen and is result oriented
- Produces new and innovative ideas and solutions; is untraditional and a champion of changes and new approaches.
- Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- Co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information and supports others in the pursuit of team goals
- Builds a useful network of contacts and relationship and utilizes it to achieve objectives
- Understands complex questions and problems quickly; make sound and rational assessments
- Higher education at master level within relevant field
- 2 years' experience from relevant Fields
- Experience from supporting decentralised innovation processes focused on last mile, preferable within the area of health, watsan (water and sanitation) and digitalisation
- Proven track record developing innovation culture and focus of a sizeable and complex organisation and from taking advantage of opportunities provided by Technology
- Proven track record of effective collaboration and cooperation across teams and geography within an organisation
- Proven change and project management competence
- Knowledge of Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS office package
- Fluency in English and Norwegian. Working proficiency of regional languages is an asset
- Head of Strategy and Results
Position is based in:
- Oslo, Norway
Why should you apply?
Meaningful: You`ll be a part of the world's largest humanitarian organization, supporting our efforts reaching the most vulnerable people in their local community.
Impact: You will enable Norwegian Red Cross to take advantages of the opportunities that digitalisation and data provides for - enhancing our relevance, effectiveness and efficiency
Career: You will be connected to an international organization with staff based all over the world
A great place to work: You will work in a multicultural environment with hard-working, dedicated and fun colleagues with a strong culture of collaboration, continual improvement, and celebration of wins.
Norwegian Red Cross strive to build a working culture based on respect, honesty and generosity. We follow the seven fundamental principles; Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity and Universality
- Hausmannsgate 7,
- 0186 Oslo
- Ideelle organisasjoner
coordinator, innovation, digital, humanitarian
- Sist endret
- 14. feb 2019 01:12