Are you our new Development Manager?
- StormGeo AS
- Development Manager
- Frist utløpt
Stormgeo is looking for Development Managers responsible for product development in a fast moving, exciting and challenging domain area. The Development managers will lead the new product development as well as maintenance of our product portfolio.
What do we do ?
For two decades, StormGeo has put into practice an in-depth knowledge and understanding of our customers’ work environments to provide solutions that give them a competitive advantage. As a global provider of weather intelligence, StormGeo is a trusted partner for companies who require decision support for weather sensitive operations. We are one of the largest and fastest growing providers of professional weather services.
What will you do ?
As the Development Manager, you will be responsible for managing software development for multiple applications and websites in this exciting domain area. Your primary focus will be leading an agile team of senior developers, establishing standards and best practices, and acting as the technical lead in communication with business stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain a strong technical understanding of our product suite
• Manage a team of geographically distributed developers
• Manage and coordinate the planning, design, scoping, analysis, coding implementation and support the application portfolio
• Ensure consistency and stability of the website and existing applications by creating, maintaining and enforcing pragmatic standards and procedures for implementation
• Build a sound understanding of our development environment
• Responsible for the creation, configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of application environments
• Participate in defect triage and work with project team to resolve prioritized defect fixes
•Be able to investigate newer technologies and experiment with them
• Contribute to development efforts directly and spends at least 20% time working hands on along with the team
• 7+ years relevant work experience in website and application development with 3+ years of leadership experience including resource planning, delegating, estimating and prioritizing work and team development
•Technologies we work in are .NET, ASP .NET, PHP,Postgresql , Mysql, Python,Angular, TypeScript,ExtJS,, Leaflet, Mapbox, ESRI
• Experienced in working and implementing Agile software development
• Able to lead complex technical discussions with developers, building consensus and creating action plans
• Extensive knowledge of the latest front-end/back-end web technology trends
• Expert level experience in C# object-oriented programming concepts
• Established expertise in developer tools and systems such as CI/CD, version control, source code repositories, build systems, deployment tools and test frameworks.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Proven ability to work as an effective team member and ability to motivate others
• Experience working with international teams spread across multiple time zones
Location : Bergen
Stormgeo has a diverse product portfolio that is developed and maintained by an international team of talented developers . The development managers have a pivotal role in leveraging this team to develop new and innovative product quickly.
This positions reports into the CTO
If you find the above motivating and challenging, please email your CV to email@example.com as soon as possible and no later than October 30th 2018.
StormGeo is a global provider of advanced analytics decision support for weather sensitive operations. The key industries served are Shipping, Oil & Gas and Renewable Energy. Our products and services help customers improve their performance, reduce costs, increase revenue and manage risk. StormGeo has 24 offices worldwide of which six are 24/7/365 operation centers spanning all geographical areas of the world. StormGeo is an ISO-9001 certified company. For more information visit www.stormgeo.com.
development, manager, agile, C#, application
- Sist endret
- 26. okt 2018 11:53