Product Developer – Software Expert Generalist
Are you a Smart Creative Product Developer? Do you like to coordinate teams? Do you have a passion for understanding user needs? Can you find solutions to big and small technical challenges? Do you use data and analysis to support your ideas? Can you think and build fast during problem solving? Do you like to share your knowledge and insights to those around you to help them become better?
The Healthcare Responders Technical Team is now hiring. Products developed within the Healthcare Responders Technical Team include Resusci Anne-, Resusci Junior- and Resusci Baby Manikins in all configurations. The team also has professional CPR guidance devices in its portfolio. We focus on driving quality improvement of CPR skills for healthcare providers in both training and clinical settings (from pre-hospital ambulance service EMTs to hospital physicians).
We are seeking a mission driven product developer to join our multidisciplinary team. Are you the correct candidate for us?!
As a product developer you will participate and contribute in all phases of the product development process, in addition to be our Software Expert Generalist for the Technical Team to enhance features and designs within Apps, software and wireless solutions. Main accountabilities for the role will be:
- Design and implement apps, software and wireless solutions that meet the user needs
- Explore, test and qualify technology that potentially can be used in products to improve user satisfaction
- Drive the development of software specifications and manage potential outsourcing of software production
- Execute verification and testing of both the software and the physical product during the development phase
- Ensure adequate cross disciplinary quality throughout the work delivered
You embrace the Smart Creative style for product development. You have strong interpersonal and collaboration skills and are good at coordinating and manage multidisciplinary teams. You are passionate about the user experience and simplicity in software products. Key qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in science or engineering. Minimum 3 years of experience with product development of Apps, software and/or wireless solutions.
- Strong verbal and written English communication and interpersonal skills.
- Systematic and well organized, with the ability to prioritize, manage time and resources.
- Able to understand user’s needs, build quick prototypes to test functionality, do quick iterations and learn for the next iteration.
The position reports to the Technical Team Manager for Healthcare Responders, whom also can be contacted for more information about the position:
Cell phone +47 478 67 659
Send application and a CV to HR@laerdal.com no later than 1st of June.
Please mark the application with “Product Developer - Software Expert Generalist - Healthcare Responders”, in addition to your name.
Laerdal Medical is an international market leader in training and therapy products for emergency medicine and critical care. Our products and services are used by hospitals, ambulance services, simulation centers, educational institutions and others around the world. We are a dynamic and energetic organization consisting of people from a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds. By 2020, we have a goal of helping save 500,000 more lives. Every year.