Mechanical Design Engineer
- Halfwave AS
- Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
We have an available position for a Mechanical Design Engineer based in Bergen with experience in electro mechanical system design, testing and basic pipeline engineering.
The ideal person will be capable of leading the technical aspects of new product design and development for both commercial and internally funded projects in relation to in line pipeline inspection. Utilising competencies and experience of a small core team of engineers and external sub contractors as required.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Provide technical design support in the development of new systems and configurations for in line pipeline inspection systems
- Integrate into a multi disciplinary team of engineers but to take technical leadership for this discipline on specific Projects
- Working in a multidisciplinary team
- Assuming technical disciplinary leadership within that team
- Ability to take lead functional responsibility utilizing both internal and external design subcontractors as and when required.
- Providing technical guidance within his/her Field
Ownership and Accountability
- Accountability for quality, safety and fitness for purpose of design work undertaken
- Ensure ownership of issues and resolution for all work undertaken by self
- Ensure compliance with design practices/templates/guidelines/standards and approved processes throughout Halfwave
- Contribution to design practices/guidelines and Halfwave standards
- Provide technical guidance to other Halfwave functions as required
- Knowledge and experience of design of intelligent pigs and associated pigging techniques is preferred. However , transferrable electro mechanical skills will be considered
- Knowledge and experience of some or all of these areas are desired
- - Basic force analysis and mechanism design
- - Stress analysis
- - Fluid dynamics – gas and Liquid
- - Pipeline engineering - construction , operation and pigging for inspection , cleaning and gauging
- - Electro mechanical packaging
- - Ability to take lead responsibility for all work undertaken
- Flexible and knowledgeable to work across disciplines and share ideas
- Methodical at problem solving
- Attention to detail - closer/finisher
- Ability to work to tight timescales, deadlines and under technical pressure
- Works closely with the rest of the team to achieve design aims
- Ability to plan own work and that of a small team of engineers
- Preferred qualifications and experience
- BEng/M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent/related fields
- Experience taking lead technical responsibility for projects undertaken
- Leadership of projects utilizing design subcontractors
- Good communication and presentation skills to communicate efficiently with all parties involved internally and externally
- Competent language skills in written and oral English
- Challenging position in a global and growing corporation
- Competitive terms and conditions
- A professional environment with a good opportunity for personal development
- Good social work environment
Halfwave is a market leading company within the field of advanced inspection technology based on Acoustic Resonance Technology. Halfwave has developed innovative inspection solutions and services to the Oil & Gas industry. The services Halfwave provide are cutting edge and have global market potential. The Bergen based operational business for Pipeline and Subsea inspection is growing and have recently re-located to 10 Km from the center of Bergen. Due to the business growth key positions are now open to enable the growth the operational business.
Halfwave has facilities based in Oslo, Bergen in Norway, Portland, UK and Houston, US.
- Glasskaret 1, 5106 Øvre Ervik
- Olje og gass
- Ingeniør / Mekanisk
|Sist endret||24. jul. 2019 11:56|