This is an opportunity for candidates with a higher scientific degree, and experience or strong interest in diagnostic or medical device industry. The person we are looking for is a self-driven and open-minded applicant with a MSc or PhD in biochemistry, biophysics or biotechnology.
The R&D Scientist will contribute and coordinate research work within the R&D department and in collaboration with the Production Department and Quality Control Department.
The main daily tasks of the R&D Scientist will be to contribute to assigned R&D projects. These projects are from explorative to development phases. Other work tasks at the center of the position will consist in supporting other department with the implementation of new QC methods and trouble-shooting. The R&D Scientist will also be involved in the improvement of the procedures in the Gentian production system when required.
Qualifications and skills
- MSc or PhD in biochemistry, biophysics or biotechnology.
- Minimum 2-5 years proven working experience in research and/or development
- Experience with liquid chromatography: protein purification, analysis, characterization
- Experience with protein biochemistry or chemistry
- Experience in running research projects
- Ability in trouble-shooting
- Experience within QC can be an advantage
- Knowledge in immunology
- Fluent English skills is required, and Scandinavian language skills is an advantage
- Ability to perform tasks accordingly to the companys internal procedures
- Ability to take initiative and development interest
- Detailed oriented and result oriented
- Self-driven and team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We can offer
- Social, informal environment in a high technology company within the life science sector
- Good conditions and competitive wages
- Opportunities for development for the successful applicant
All applications should consist of a CV, academic records, recommendation letters and a cover letter (1-2 pages) that answers the following questions:
- Why are you motivated for the position?
- Why are you a good fit for the position?
- Why should we hire you?
Gentian AS is a company in the Gentian Diagnostics Group and is headquartered in Moss (Oslo), Norway, with representation in China, Sweden (Gøteborg and Stockholm) and USA. Gentian´s employees (around 35 persons of varied age and nationality) develop, produce and market highly-sensitive diagnostic reagents and methods for the global clinical laboratory market, both human and veterinary. Gentian´s products have gained substantial market share due to their high quality from utilizing our proprietary technology for nanoparticle enhanced diagnostic tests. Our export rate is 99%. Gentian coordinates several well-funded international R&D projects partnered by leading clinical and commercial organizations using nanoparticle-based technologies invented and owned by Gentian. A number of exciting and original diagnostic products are in the pipeline, and new employment opportunities are being created.
IVD, Research, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chromatography