To strengthen our Technical Support organisation in the company's headquarters in Bergen, Norway we are now looking for an ambitious IT System Engineer. From the office in Bergen we are handling technical solution design and support to our fleet of seismic research vessels operating world-wide and our HPC data processing centers. The successful candidate will have a minimum 5 years experience as an IT professional, and confident in hardware configuration, storage solutions, parallel file systems and Linux. Key job technologies include, Linux, CXFS, BeeGFS, Lustre, NFS, Slurm, Torque, Bright computing Cluster Manager, fibre channel and infiiniband SAN.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain an awareness of the need for the highest quality and information security standards in the IT department.
- Ensure that departmental procedures are developed accordingly.
- Monitor technical and operational performance relevant to your department, including quality of deliverables.
- Provide remedial action to minimise or eliminate technical downtime by providing cost effective technical support/solutions to the seismic crews and processing centers.
- Participate in, and supervise the planning, installation and shakedown of equipment.
- Provide technical support and training
- Initiate, in a timely manner, the procurement of required equipment.
- Process purchase requisitions
- Provide input and follow up of annual budgets.
- Asset control management
Education, skills and experience:
- Education to degree level in a relevant field or equivalent job experience.
- At least 5 years work experience in IT systems support.
- Ability to take initiative and work without supervision.
- Good social and team skills
- Positive commitment to QHSE, and information security.
- A willingness to be flexible and adaptable
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Some travel will be expected
We are looking for candidates who can relate to our culture of being safe, respectful, inclusive, dynamic and ambitious. You will be a team player, with a positive and commercial-minded «can do» attitude. You have the ability to build good relations within the organization, and have a strong sense of integrity.
We can offer:
- A challenging and demanding role in a growing company within the Seismic industry
- A global opportunity
- Headquarters in Bergen
- Competitive conditions
Established as a joint venture by GC Rieber Shipping and Rasmussengruppen, Shearwater GeoServices is a financially secure seismic exploration company with strong supportive owners. Our main focus is to provide superior geophysical services to our clients, meeting high standards of quality in both what we do and how we deliver it.
Shearwater is a new and innovative global provider of 3D marine seismic data, imaging products and data processing software. Our fleet of modern purpose built vessels lead the industry with their towing capabilities. Our proprietary seismic processing software, Reveal, has been entirely developed in the 21st century and is the most modern, highly interactive, efficient and user friendly platform for all aspects of processing and imaging in the market. Our Company is an equal opportunities employer, for more information see our web page www.shearwatergeo.com