To strengthen our Operation organisation in the company's headquarters in Bergen, Norway we are now looking for ambitious Project Managers/Vessel Managers to join our rapidly growing company. From the office in Bergen we are handling operational and technical support to our fleet of seismic research vessels operating world-wide.
• Management of projects and first point of contact for client`s onshore project team to meet contractual requirements.
• Manage project mobilisation and execution decisions together with the Party Manager.
• Gather project information including tech spec, contract and initiate project HSE plan, MERP, CWO and other project related documentation.
• Participate in project handover from Sales and together with the Controller, assist setting up ICL, QC and submit invoices and take part in BEF-review.
• Ensure project-specific risks are continually evaluated and reduced through formal risk assessments.
• Purchase and coordinate delivery of fuel and lube oil.
• Approve Port Call Plan and coordinate vessel requirements, purchases and logistic together with the PM, Technical support, Ops Supervisor/agent and third parties.
• Manage assigned Operations Supervisor resources.
• Management of contractors including support and guard vessels supporting the seismic operations.
• Coordinate and plan crew changes together with Operations, Crewing, ship management and local agents.
• Manage on board resources together with Crewing and Technical departments to maximise performance and efficiency.
• Assist in audits of contractors.
• Ensure the bridging/interfacing documents are up to date.
• Cost control of vessel according to budget.
Education, skills and experience:
• Education to degree level or sufficient practical experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in seismic.
• Proven understanding of seismic survey principles.
• Possess positive attitude, team leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good spoken and written English skills.
• Good social and team skills
• Commitment to QHSE
• Willingness to be flexible and adaptable
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English being the working language.
• Some travel will be expected
We are looking for candidates who can relate to our culture of being safe, respectful, inclusive, dynamic and ambitious. You will be a team player, with a positive and commercial-minded «can do» attitude. You have the ability to build good relations within the organization, and have a strong sense of integrity.
We can offer:
• A challenging and demanding role in a growing company within the Seismic industry
• A global opportunity
• Headquarters in Bergen
• Competitive conditions
Established as a joint venture by GC Rieber Shipping and Rasmussengruppen, Shearwater GeoServices is a financially secure seismic exploration company with strong supportive owners. Our main focus is to provide superior geophysical services to our clients, meeting high standards of quality in both what we do and how we deliver it.
Shearwater is a new and innovative global provider of 3D marine seismic data, imaging products and data processing software. Our fleet of modern purpose built vessels lead the industry with their towing capabilities. Our proprietary seismic processing software, Reveal, has been entirely developed in the 21st century and is the most modern, highly interactive, efficient and user friendly platform for all aspects of processing and imaging in the market. Our Company is an equal opportunities employer, for more information see our web page www.shearwatergeo.com