To strengthen our Technical Support organisation in the company's headquarters in Bergen, Norway we are now looking for an ambitious Navigation Support Engineer to join our rapidly growing company. From the office in Bergen we are handling operational and technical support to our fleet of seismic research vessels operating world-wide.
• Participate in the development of internal Technical procedures relevant to the Navigation department.
• Support the Sales and Operations departments with mapping and survey planning material.
• Process purchase requisitions from vessel, and follow up on deliveries from suppliers.
• Monitor technical and operational field performance relevant to the Navigation department, including quality of deliverables.
• Provide remedial action to minimise or eliminate technical downtime by providing cost effective technical support/solutions to the seismic offshore crews.
• Participate in, and supervise the planning, installation and shakedown of equipment in the field.
Education, skills and experience:
• Education to degree level, or relevant experience within the scope of the role.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant field experience.
• Proven understanding of seismic operations and technical principles related to the Navigation department.
• Commitment to QHSE
• Possess positive attitude, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Some travel will be expected.
• Good spoken and written English skills.
We are looking for a candidate who can relate to our culture of being safe, respectful, inclusive, dynamic and ambitious. You will be a team player, with a positive and commercial-minded «can do» attitude. You have the ability to build good relations within the organization, and have a strong sense of integrity.
We can offer:
• A challenging and demanding role in a growing company within the Seismic industry
• A global opportunity
• Headquarters in Bergen
• Competitive conditions
Established as a joint venture by GC Rieber Shipping and Rasmussengruppen, Shearwater GeoServices is a financially secure seismic exploration company with strong supportive owners. Our main focus is to provide superior geophysical services to our clients, meeting high standards of quality in both what we do and how we deliver it.
Shearwater is a new and innovative global provider of 3D marine seismic data, imaging products and data processing software. Our fleet of modern purpose built vessels lead the industry with their towing capabilities. Our proprietary seismic processing software, Reveal, has been entirely developed in the 21st century and is the most modern, highly interactive, efficient and user friendly platform for all aspects of processing and imaging in the market. Our Company is an equal opportunities employer, for more information see our web page www.shearwatergeo.com