Due to maternity leave of one of our key persons we seek a motivated and talented person to join our team for 12 months in a Temporary position. Starting ASAP.
What you will do
Based in Stavanger, Norway with our Maternal & New-born team you will use your skills to help us improve our current and next-generation products via testing & verification. You will work in a diverse team of product managers, designers, engineers and manufacturing specialists.
You hold a relevant technical degree or equivalent plus experience. Your knowledge is multi-discipline, principally electro-mechanic systems with some firmware and measurement methods. Ideally you have some understanding of regulatory requirements and hands-on practical experience with technical equipment.
Your duties and accountabilities include:
• Test planning, performing tests and Report writing.
• Designing appropriate tests relevant to function.
• Identifying early opportunities for testing.
• Co-ordinate and work with external test labs.
• Design & construction of test jigs and fixtures
• Build test results to formulate a verification outcome.
• Communicate results factually, objectively and identify opportunities for product improvements
You possess the following qualities and behaviour:
• Highly motivated, curious, creative, confident, competent and assertive
• Well-organised and work methodically
• Able to plan and prioritise
• Able to work independently (60%)
• Able to work within a team (40%) – expected to be a part of a development team
• Able to explore and challenge results
• Good communicator in English (orally and in writing)
• Able to quickly learn how to use test equipment (e.g. simple measuring equipment, climate chambers, tensile test, compression test equipment and harvest data electronically - LabVIEW)
About your colleagues
You will work in a diverse multi-cultural environment with people who strive to help save lives. We value each
other’s professionalism and enthusiasm and enjoy solving complex challenges together. Your fellow Engineers /
Developers are curious and enjoy taking things apart to learn how they work; they are inspired to find ways to use
clever technology to make our products better. They are rewarded with a competitive work package and
Accepting the challenge
Send your application letter and current CV, in English, to HR@laerdal.com. Mark your application ‘Product Developer – Test & Verification. Applications close 20th December 2017.
Laerdal Medical, one of the worlds
leading providers of Healthcare Solutions,
is dedicated to helping save lives. Laerdal
serves healthcare providers and educators
with products and services for Basic Life
Support, Advanced Life Support, Simulation,
Airway Management, Immobilization,
Patient Care, Self-directed Learning
and Medical Education