Laerdal Medical is an international company with presence in more than 23 countries and Manufacturing plants in Norway, China, USA and Mexico. We have an international supplier base providing a wide range of products and services.
We consider the Sourcing and Procurement function to be an important enabler to secure value creation for the company, and the development and new and existing supplies is an area of strategic importance to the company.
The position will report to the Sourcing Manager in Stavanger.
What you will do:
As a Sourcing Engineer, you will lead, develop and manage the suppliers as contract owner for selected components suppliers
• Provide sourcing service to support development projects in timely manner and drive improvements on cost, service, process and quality.
• Support Stavanger Manufacturing with sourcing of specific components and services
• Identify potential suppliers, qualify and execute tender processes
• Negotiate, establish supplier controls and implement
• Secure in-phasing of new components in an efficient manner
You hold a relevant technical bachelor or master’s degree and have a passion for strategic sourcing and motivation to understand business needs and challenges.
• Minimum 3 years of experience with Sourcing/Procurement
• High degree of accountability, strong initiative, with a sense-of-urgency and an entrepreneurial approach
• A fast learner, willing to execute a broad range of tasks/implement improvements
• Ability to gather and analyse information and use the information to qualify and present business opportunities
• Able to work independently but also a good team player
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Fluent in English written and orally. Knowledge of a Scandinavian language is an advantage
About your colleagues:
You will work in a diverse multi-cultural environment with people who strive to help save lives. We value each other’s professionalism and enthusiasm and enjoy solving complex challenges together.
For more information, please contact Sourcing Manager, Ingrid Ueland (+47 90077682) or Strategic Sourcing Director, Sjur Gausel (+47 959 25 166).
Application and CV should be sent to HR@laerdal.no within December 18th 2017.
Laerdal Medical, one of the worlds
leading providers of Healthcare Solutions,
is dedicated to helping save lives. Laerdal
serves healthcare providers and educators
with products and services for Basic Life
Support, Advanced Life Support, Simulation,
Airway Management, Immobilization,
Patient Care, Self-directed Learning
and Medical Education