Because the demand of our products is increasing, we are now looking for a new colleague in the position as Application Validation Specialist/Scientist.
This is an opportunity for highly motivated candidates with a science degree, laboratory experience and an interest in the diagnostic or medical device industry. The person we are looking for is accurate and systematic, and is flexible regarding travel.
The Application Specialist/Scientist will be a part of the R&D team and take part in optimization and validation of new instrument applications for new and existing products. The candidate will also take part in the responsibility for instruments placed in the local main lab, as well as investigation of customer complaints.
The hired candidate will also participate in:
- assigned development projects when required
- planning and running real time stability studies for existing and new products
- improvement projects to improve/maintain Gentian´s quality system and products, and to achieve quality goals
- audits of Gentians quality system when required
- assigned projects (external and internal)
Preferred qualifications and skills:
· Higher degree in science/technology (M.Sc/Ph.D or equivalent)
· Software: MS Office Excel and Word, Statistical tools: Analyse-It for Excel
· Laboratory experience
· Experience with particle enhanced turbidimetric immunoassays
· Able to deliver accurately and within given time frames
· Good problem-solving skills and perform well under pressure
· Language skills: fluent English is required as English is the official company language. Able to communicate in Norwegian is also an advantage
We can offer:
· Social, informal environment in a high technology company within the life science sector
· Good conditions and competitive wages
· Opportunities for development for the successful applicant
All applications should consist of a CV, academic records, recommendation letters and an application letter (1-2 pages) that answers the following questions:
- Why you are a good fit for the position
- Why you are motivated for the position
Gentian AS is a company in the Gentian Diagnostics Group and is headquartered in Moss, Norway, with representation in China and USA. Gentian´s employees (32 persons of varied age and nationality) develop, produce and market highly-sensitive diagnostic reagents and methods for the global clinical laboratory market, both human and veterinary. Gentian´s products have gained substantial market share due to their high quality from utilizing our proprietary technology for nanoparticle enhanced diagnostic tests. Our export rate is 99%. Gentian coordinates several well-funded international R&D projects partnered by leading clinical and commercial organizations using nanoparticle-based technologies invented and owned by Gentian. A number of exciting and original diagnostic products are in the pipeline, and new employment opportunities are being created.