Senior Advisor to develop UNICEFs work with the financial sector (Consultancy/Temporary position)
- UNICEF Norge
- Senior Advisor
- Oslo sentrum
- Frist utløpt
Major responsibilities of the position:
- You will lead a scoping exercise to map structural opportunities within the world of finance, relevant stakeholders and initiatives in the financial sector that can act as influencers of business behavior in relation to children’s rights globally (75%) and in Norway (25%).
- You will develop a draft strategic engagement framework for UNICEF and UNICEF Norway, identifying aspects or parts of the financial sector with which to work, effective entry points, and the skills and capacities needed within UNICEF for effective engagement.
- You will collaborate closely with UNICEF Norway/Geneva staff responsible for children’s rights, business and sustainability.
- You will be responsible for developing and supporting UNICEF Norway’s and UNICEF’s position and work on a major state owned investment fund (globally and domestic), in coordination with UNICEF Geneva.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of studies.
- Background and minimum of four years professional experience from the financial sector and/or working on environmental, social and governance reporting.
- Knowledge and practical experience with Corporate Social Responsibility and/or Sustainability and/or environmental, social and governance reporting.
- You have a strong initiative and ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Proficiency in Norwegian and other languages is a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills.
- Ability to do limited travel.
Interested candidates should send:
- Expression of interest letter.
- CV highlighting relevant experiences.
- Locally based position with the UNICEF Norway in Oslo, but with guidance from and collaboration with UNICEF staff in Geneva.
- Contract period: from appointment in 2017 until 31 December 2018.
- Strong working conditions protected by Norwegian Labor Acts.
- A dynamic environment in a fast moving organization.
Deadline for application: 20. November. For questions on the position please contact Kim N. Gabrielli in the department of communication on cell. +47 974 24 587.
The United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF), the UN agency with the mandate for children, is the largest children rights organization in the world, working in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
The purpose of this post in UNICEF Norway is to scope the range of opportunities offered by the finance industry for both UNICEF globally and in Norway to advance the rights of children through engaging and mobilizing the sector. It will review the structural opportunities provided by the various main elements of the sector, it will identify interesting and relevant promising practice from the sector itself, from UNICEF and from other institutions already engaging with the financial sector on issues of corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
- Sist endret
- 22. nov 2017 00:59
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Kim N. Gabrielli
- Acting Director of Communication and Advocacy
- 974 24 587
Rådhusgata 24, 0103 Oslo
- Sist endret
- 22. nov 2017 00:59