Our highly qualified and dedicated chief chemist in Colour Technology will soon retire and we search for his successor. As Senior Chemist R&D Technology you will add competence to the development of colour technology profession to ensure that our colour matching and dispensing systems are in the technology front. This means meeting internal and external customer demands to coloured and pigmented products including quality, economy and similarly supply safety and HSE requirements.
- Maintain and develop colour management tools
- Explore novel possibilities within the field
- Contribute to strategies and action plans regarding Jotun's colour tinting systems to secure continuous success
- Responsible for maintaining colour standards.
- Responsible for colour accuracy of Display Material
- Evaluate new and competitive technologies and knowledge
- Advise and transfer competence within the colour technology profession.
- Responsible for QA procedures related to colours
- Troubleshoot problems related to colour and base paints
- Professional skills (colour technology and / or colour tinting systems)
- Good colour vision
- Ability to work systematically and determined over time with complicated problems
- Education/experience from the following fields: Colour chemistry, physics or mathematics
- College / University, Master's degree
- Scientific subjects
- Initiative & Responsibility: acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Bottom-line focus: focuses on bottom-line results, identifies potential risks and monitors the financial impact of own activities
- Networking: builds a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve objectives
- Professional Expertise: demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participates in continuous professional development
- Extensive opportunities for professional and personal development, both through on-the-job training and Jotun Academy.
- A continuous focus on reinventing and innovating high quality products.
- Exciting challenges in a growing company with excellent financial results.
- Insurance and Pension schemes
Jotun is one of the world's leading manufacturers of decorative paints, marine, protective and powder coatings. The Group has 63 companies and 37 production facilities on all continents, and more than 9 800 employees. Jotun is represented in more than 100 countries through own subsidiaries, joint ventures, agents, branch offices and distributors. The Jotun Group’s sales in 2016 was NOK 15.8 billion. The Jotun Group is organised into four segments and seven geographical regions, and has its head office in Sandefjord, Norway.