Head Chef ASIA
- ASIA AS
- HEAD CHEF
- Frist utløpt
Your duties will include:
• Overall responsibility for day to day kitchen operations
• Quality control of the menu
• IK - food safety (health and hygiene)
• Working toward minimising food waste
• Plan and organise the kitchen schedule in accordance to the set budget
• Daily monitoring of the schedule to account for events and daily operations
• Daily monitoring of set routines, production methods, standards and systems
• Relevant management and cooking experience
• Past experience in a high volume operation
• Extensive knowledge about IK food / HACCP
• Good English communication skills
• The ability to be structured and manage your time efficiently
• Be able to thrive and perform in a fast paced environment
• Work well both as an individual as well as within a team
• Have a positive and pragmatic attitude
• A professional work environment which is both stable and motivating
• Full time position
• Competitive salary
• The possibility to develop culinary and administrative skills
• A chance to be part of our sustainability strategy
• The possibility to grow within our company
What does it mean to be Head chef at Asia?
You need to have a sincere and extensive passion for the profession. The right person will have an appreciation for the products they work with as well as for the craft of being a chef.
It is important to strive for excellence at all times with regard to both the production and execution of each and every dish at Asia. As part of our team you will ensure that a consistently high level of quality is maintained at all times.You need to be a role model and a visible leader with great communication and operational skills. We are proud of our multicultural environment so English is required, verbally and written.
You will coach, encourage and manage chefs, motivate and inspire them. Developing and supporting your team is key to your success. A happy and productive work environment is one of the areas we value the most. Over and above this you must be able to work with the management team to meet financial targets and goals.You will also play a significant role in our sustainability program and play a major role in our goal to reduce food waste by 20% by 2020.
Drueklasen is a well known restaurant group that has been operating professionally for over 30 years. Asia is their latest opening which started up in 2014 and is currently a vibrant restaurant located at the gateway to Aker Brygge.
We are one of the largest restaurants in Oslo, offering over 600 seats during summer season over two floors. We have an amazing Chambre Separee with capacity for 90 guests that comes with spectacular views over the fjord and Akershus festning. On the ground floor, we have a colourful wine- and cocktail bar, Pop-In, which also offers take away.
Our menu is modern interpretation of South East Asian street food and sharing dishes, served in an informal and exotic atmosphere.
We focus on creating a sustainable menu and operating in a responsible and environmentally aware manner. We also strive to have a good selection of vegan and vegetarian options.
Our Executive head chef, Karl MacEwan has a background in Michelin starred restaurants and prior to opening ASIA, he also opened Sushi Samba in the Heron Tower and AquaShard in The Shard in London.
- Stranden 1,
- 0250 Oslo
- Restaurant, mat og uteliv
- Mat og servering / Kokk
akerbrygge, asianfood, headchef, veganfriendly
- Sist endret
- 30. des 2018 18:20