The Delegation of the EU to Norway seeks a temporary administrative assistant
- The Delegation of the European Union to Norway
- Temporary Administrative Assistant
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Norway ensures the representation of the European Union to Norway, as well as the follow-up of the EU's bilateral relations with Norway (including the implementation of the European Economic Area Agreement, as well as of other key EU/Norway agreements). It is responsible for the development of cooperation in key areas - focusing in particular on foreign policy, energy, climate change, the Arctic, trade, development - and also follows Norway's participation in EU programmes and agencies. It carries out public diplomacy and press activities in Norway and facilitates/organizes political and expert contacts between Norway and European Union institutions.
We offer a post of temporary assistant, to provide administrative support whilst a senior member of the Delegation is on maternity leave. It is estimated that the period of employment will be until the end of March/ beginning of April 2018. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as administrative assistant – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to the Delegation under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant staff member of the Delegation.
The Delegation offers a working week of 37.5 hours, and operates a system of flexitime.
Location: 5th Floor, Klingenberggata 7A, 0161 Oslo
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
We are looking for
Qualifications primarily in public administration, HR, law or economics from university or high school. Relevant work experience in place of formal qualifications will be considered.
· Ideally at least 5 years of experience from a similar job in the public or private sector, or three years in an EU institution.
· Knowledge and experience of procurement and tendering, preferably in the public sector.
· Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing suppliers
· Knowledge of financial and contractual relationships is an advantage.
· Some knowledge of accountancy and budget management is desirable.
· Some knowledge of Human Resources and Norwegian employment law is an advantage.
· Good IT knowledge is essential, including familiarity with Microsoft Office. Ability to undertake minor IT support tasks would be an asset.
· Previous experience in an Embassy, EU Institution or other international experience is an advantage.
· The ability to prioritize and work under pressure
· The ability to work in a team
· A high degree of fluency in Norwegian is essential (written and spoken)
· The ability to speak and write clearly in English is also a requirement
· Knowledge of French is an advantage.
How to apply
Please send an application cover letter and a detailed CV in English to Finn.no.
Following a preliminary evaluation of applications, a short-list of candidates for interview may be established. The selected candidate should be available to begin work as soon as possible after the termination of the selection phase.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-NORWAY@eeas.europa.eu
- Postboks 1643 Vika, 0119 Oslo
- Kontor og administrasjon / Kontorarbeid
|Sist endret||21. nov. 2017 11:16|