An opportunity has arisen for a Supplier Technical Engineer within our Manufacturing Engineering team and working closely with the Purchasing department. This role will be responsible for leading the technical development of the suppliers to ensure the component Method of Manufacture is both stable and capable, and to ensure the flow down of regulatory and product integrity requirements. It is important that you have excellent communications skills and will be able to regularly interact with our sites in Brattvåg, Ulsteinvik, Trondheim and our external suppliers.
- Validating the suppliers manufacturing processes and capability.
- Ensuring best possible quality of technical packages used within external supply chain.
- Providing purchasing / sourcing decision-makers with technical advisory.
- Acting as an interface between design community and external supply chain to ensure product integrity.
- Facilitating development and implementation of new manufacturing technologies as required by sourcing strategies and product development initiatives.
- Educating and coaching suppliers in the application of relevant specifications and most effective management of key manufacturing processes.
- Ensuring the change to product manufacturing method or source is controlled appropriately in the supply chain.
- Leading/supporting "Build In Quality" for the introduction of new product to ensure capabilities meet the design intent, capability, rate and cost requirements
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Engineering (preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering).
- In depth understanding of selected manufacturing processes and their quality & cost drivers (Magnets/ Rotating Machines is an advantage, but not essential).
- Relevant experience in Manufacturing Engineering.
- Understanding of inspection processes and quality control procedures.
- Skilled in working with technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work in a team and to communicate globally.
- Willingness to travel regionally and internationally.
- Written and spoken English.
- Marine experience and awareness of requirements from Classification Societies are highly appreciated
- Competitive salary and benefit packages.
- Good development opportunities in an international environment.
- Bonus scheme.
- Flexible work hour's agreement and holiday arrangements.
- Good pension and insurance schemes.
- Offers of share savings program.
- Extended scheme for compassionate leave.
Work location: Aalesund
For more information contact James Luton, Supplier Technical Manager, on +44(0)7774018156
Rolls-Royce has a world leading range of capabilities in the marine market, encompassing vessel design, the integration of complex systems and the supply and support of power and propulsion equipment. We are leaders in mission-critical systems for offshore oil and gas rigs, offshore, merchant and naval vessels.
Today the Rolls-Royce marine product range is one of the broadest in the world. 70 of the world's maritime forces and over 30,000 commercial vessels use our equipment. Our global support network underpins all activities and continues to expand with 50 centres in 28 countries with more planned.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.